Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best Carpet kits?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Carpet kits? Reply with quote

I ordered my rubber mats from Luis. I wonder if Newton will let you buy a carpet set minus the floor area.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Carpet kits? Reply with quote

Peter D. wrote:
I ordered my rubber mats from Luis. I wonder if Newton will let you buy a carpet set minus the floor area.

I spoke to them a few years back at a UK show and asked them if they would do a half-set as I was optimistically waiting for the bulkhead and floor mat set to be made. They said, "Yes of course" Smile By that token I take it they will make whatever you want.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Carpet kits? Reply with quote

Thanks, good to know. Of course I still need to paint and reassemble my car so I'm at least a year from needing to worry about this!
noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Carpet kits? Reply with quote

I have never seen anyone who offers the correct color for my 62 Sea Blue Ghia. Newton only lists two colors, and the narrow weave doesn't look as good as square weave.
ELFRIED
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Best Carpet kits? Reply with quote

and ???
The aussie Trimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Carpet kits? Reply with quote

noexit wrote:
I have never seen anyone who offers the correct color for my 62 Sea Blue Ghia. Newton only lists two colors, and the narrow weave doesn't look as good as square weave.

If you can get a nice sample of the T116 grey blue square weave colour; and are able to find a competent fabric dyeing company who is willing to dye the Square weave carpet and the cotton edge tape for you, problem solved.

I suggest to use the light grey square weave carpet; it should give you the closest base to get the best closest match.

Attached is a Picture of the Pacific Blue Ghia with turquoise dyed carpet and edge tape. I made and fitted this set of dyed carpets and made a second set for another owner just recently. The pic here; is the Ghia where I fitted the Dyed carpet and made all the vinyl gussets for the heater, gear shifter and Handbrake.

The owner didn't have the passenger footrest plate.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pauliewog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Best Carpet kits? Reply with quote

I'm finally ready to buy a kit from Newton, and I see they have two types, narrow weave and square weave. Square weave is double the price, it would be nearly $700 after tax and shipping to the US. Clearly square weave is superior, but that's quite a lot of cash. What does the narrow weave look like? I am not building a concours car here, just want a nice looking interior. Anyone have pics they can share?
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Carpet kits? Reply with quote

Quote:
What does the narrow weave look like?

Look at Rcooled's picture on page 1 he has narrow weave ( I do too) I think most of us have the narrow weave.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: