Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rover1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is the second seat from this bus.
Rover1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

3rd row seat
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

holy holler...love some aero papyrus/steel
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
Pau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

Hello! Bravo Rover1967! I am crying Crying or Very sad about middle and rear seats. Middle one is orgasmic. I think you should not sell them separately. All this OG material makes your bus unique. I hope somebody will appreciate it and keep this piece of history alive, not re-sale it at 200.000€.
Nice little adventure!

I had never seen this one. I like it. What does "MIN" mean? Minimal speed for each gear? If so, I have to translate it to km/h.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

The red paint shows the engine moves and that you just scoured the piston ridges with the rings. Live and learn. No one will be buying it for the motor anyhow, so nothing lost.

GLWS!!!
Vintage Auto Werks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

Another cool thing about this Bus is the maintenance log. I saw the Bus in person yesterday. A deal could not be made even at his asking price. Way too many people commenting on prices and making offers over the phone. I would of thought a deal could of been made in person.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

Vintage Auto Werks1 wrote:
A deal could not be made even at his asking price.

if you offered what he is asking, then why did he not accept? this makes no sense, unless he is looking for a bidding war, in which case he should go to Ebay.
Vintage Auto Werks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

sled wrote:

if you offered what he is asking, then why did he not accept? this makes no sense, unless he is looking for a bidding war, in which case he should go to Ebay.

His wife said I did not understand the situation and how things work. Someone called on the phone while I was on the way there and made a full price offer they told me. She said if I wanted the Bus I would have to be better than that offer. I told her I offered your asking price and I am here in person to give a deposit and arrange transfer. Told her we were not going to get in a bidding war and made offer one more time and I left.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

sled wrote:

His wife said I did not understand the situation and how things work. Someone called on the phone while I was on the way there and made a full price offer they told me. She said if I wanted the Bus I would have to be better than that offer. I told her I offered your asking price and I am here in person to give a deposit and arrange transfer. Told her we were not going to get in a bidding war and made offer one more time and I left.

yeah, these are undesirable situations. To me these buses aren't worth any aggravation whatsoever. They are going to require considerable time and money to deal with the gnarly rust situation.

The sticker is cool, I like the foot note saying "add 3 psi for high speed driving"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

iamdonquixote wrote:
sled wrote:

yeah, these are undesirable situations. To me these buses aren't worth any aggravation whatsoever. They are going to require considerable time and money to deal with the gnarly rust situation.

It is because of situations exactly like this that I have put a high value on my time and have luckily dealt with very few douchebags since. If I'm dealing with two schleppers in the end of a deal- I want to know that in the beginning.
Yes- this thread just turned the original poster sour. My mood about these buses did a 180 and hopefully someone will score that middle seat and be done in with it and more importantly- them.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Hryllantre
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

That bus for us Brits is as good as it gets...Og throughout by the looks of it, the seats are so hard to come by. Engines are no bother, some like myself are putting Scooby engines in. Minimum £25-30,000 in current condition if not more.
If only I hadn't ploughed all my money into my restoration I'd be knocking on your door...
Rover1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

I have a full price offer for the bus 1. For those who care I will post bus 2 at a later date. if this offer falls through I will repost the ad for Bus 1.

Thanks to all of you who have been helpful to me in this process.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

Pau wrote:
Hello! Bravo Rover1967! I am crying Crying or Very sad about middle and rear seats. Middle one is orgasmic. I think you should not sell them separately. All this OG material makes your bus unique. I hope somebody will appreciate it and keep this piece of history alive, not re-sale it at 200.000€.
Nice little adventure!

I had never seen this one. I like it. What does "MIN" mean? Minimal speed for each gear? If so, I have to translate it to km/h.

It looks like the minimums for each gear.

Some speedometers have I, II, III marks on the speedometer - these are the speeds at which you should gear down so you don't bog the engine on hills and also sort of the red line for each gear, like "Don't generally go above this mark in 3rd." although you can for short periods or if you have a larger engine.

'63 chart

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

Rover1967 wrote:
I have a full price offer for the bus 1. For those who care I will post bus 2 at a later date. if this offer falls through I will repost the ad for Bus 1.

Thanks to all of you who have been helpful to me in this process.

Sounds like the bus would be gone if you would have taken Vintage Auto Werks1 offer. Not to kosher in my book to waste someones time that comes out and offers you your asking price then you waffle. Bad Karma
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

100% agree with scottvw.... looks like vintage auto werks1 had to make quite a drive.. if you had a phone offer, why would you have the man come out there? I think you turned a lot of people sour on this thread after that move.... Sad
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

Any updates?

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Cptn. Calzone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

So it seems the OT joined just to sell these buses. Threesome Fortune He Came Upon two absolute cream puffs. Vintage auto one up there to buy them obviously had some deal some glimmer of hope otherwise the man would not have traveled so far with capital to secure one if my both of them and the Opie turns around and wants to hold out for more and now there's absolutely no information at all sketchy

Full apologies for all grammatical errors
Rover1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

bus 1 on its way home

For those of you who helped thank you!.
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Have 2 66 21 window buses barn finds. Reply with quote

Rover1967 wrote:

For those of you who helped thank you!.

Make a donation to this very helpful site: thesamba.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: