Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stock Golf rims on 78 bus???
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkgeorge_99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Stock Golf rims on 78 bus??? Reply with quote

Has anyone used these rims on their bus....? Stock 2010 VW Golf 18 hole, steel rims. The specs say 15' x 6" rim, 5 x 112 pattern and a 42mm offset. Per my research, the 5x 112 pattern is good and the off set on stock rim was 39mm, so I figure definately close enough on offset.
I am trying to upgrade to 15"rims so as to have a better selection of tires. They even look like I may be able to fit my stock hubcabs on?! Very Happy I would love it if that worked out.
I like the look of my stock 14 wheels and hubcabs but would like the 15" rim for wider selection of tires. I tried looking through sticky thread on tires but this question deals more with rims and specifically on the GOLF rims as a good option for late bays.
dumptuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Stock Golf rims on 78 bus??? Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Here you go, I’ve also been considering this. They do seem to fit but you’ll need to open up the centre bore, and some people like to put spacers on the front too. Good luck!
tkgeorge_99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Stock Golf rims on 78 bus??? Reply with quote

Thanks for link to other thread. Lots of good info. I didn't consider size of opening in rim for hub.... Glad it was mentioned. Thanks
Jeff Geisen
Samba Chaplain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Golf rims on 78 bus??? Reply with quote

They’ll bolt right up on the back.

‘63 ragtop - ‘68 single cab
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: