Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Heat risers?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chappy89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Heat risers? Reply with quote

I was just curious if anyone uses heat risers on their intake and those that do, what exhaust have you got? I was thinking of putting them on my car when I go to a single 40 Weber but I cannot for the life of me find a trip mil bobcat with the riser flange. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat risers? Reply with quote

chappy89 wrote:
I was just curious if anyone uses heat risers on their intake and those that do, what exhaust have you got? I was thinking of putting them on my car when I go to a single 40 Weber but I cannot for the life of me find a trip mil bobcat with the riser flange. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You’ll have to fab them yourself. But, that way you can do them right. Search on here there’s a thread on how to do it. Ripped these photos from it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

chappy89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat risers? Reply with quote

Fenix wrote:
chappy89 wrote:

You’ll have to fab them yourself. But, that way you can do them right. Search on here there’s a thread on how to do it. Ripped these photos from it.

Thanks I appreciate it, I'll look for it, did you happen to remember the name of the post?
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat risers? Reply with quote

No it was over 2 years ago. Basically one needs to be welded into the pipe just after the flange. The othe needs to route up to the collector.
sxuxrxf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat risers? Reply with quote

Here ya go!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=333608&highlight=heat+riser
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Heat risers? Reply with quote

sxuxrxf wrote:
Here ya go!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=333608&highlight=heat+riser

Thanks Surf. Couldn’t remember!
chappy89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Heat risers? Reply with quote

Thank you I really appreciate it
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: