Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie)
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

What year Bug is he supposed to be?

I saw it today and thought maybe a 66-67 because of the bumpers, but I thought the deck lid and lights was newer ... And the flat lens headlamps just blew me away ... I thought if there even was such a thing they must be European

How far off am I?
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
vwfreek61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

A 1968-1970 made to look like a 1967.

https://jalopnik.com/everyone-can-relax-because-i-have-found-out-what-year-1798418203
1987 Vanagon Westy w/Subaru EJ25 and reversed 4EAT
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

TonyB wrote:
What year Bug is he supposed to be?

I saw it today and thought maybe a 66-67 because of the bumpers, but I thought the deck lid and lights was newer ... And the flat lens headlamps just blew me away ... I thought if there even was such a thing they must be European

How far off am I?

‘67. It’s a bit of an odd year, early parts with upright headlamps, one year decklid, one year rear angled towel rails and a bunch of other one year items. (But the reality is, most of the beetles are one year only, not just ‘67).

Ironically, the European ‘67 retained the sloped headlights of the ‘66 and down, but got 4 lug wheels and front disk brakes (4 or wide 5 lug wheels and front disk brakes depended on engine displacement). We never got disk brakes on the Beetle in America ever, other countries did.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

I enjoyed the computer graphics. The move was enjoyable to me...yes I did keep my mouth shut abut the car during the movie.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

I'll wait until i can watch it at home. The level of drunk i need to be in order to stomach that movie is somewhat frowned upon in public.
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

The movie was not bad, I too have lost my desire to watch any of the Transformer movies but this one they seems to have got back to the roots of a relationship between Bumblebee and his human companion. We can all relate to that right?

Obviously a lot of CGI but all in all not bad, give it a chance sober, if you totally hated it break out the booze afterwards.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TonyB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

I checked out the previews before I went, so I wasn't expecting too much, it entertained me for a couple hours which was all I was really looking for and it did that ... so many movies it seems like anymore, when I get out I want my 2 hours back and the only reason I stayed was because I would continually think; "its got to get better" ...

Bumblebee was OK ... I now know not to buy it but might watch it again on Netflix

Edit to add ... there were other movies playing I wanted to see, but the wife usually likes the same things I do and she had already said "you can go see it on your day off if you want" ... so thats what I did.

By the way vwfreek61 ... thanks for all the detail, I kinda thought they threw something together and it seems "Supers" are the cheapest unless they're really nice.
glassbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

The horn button had the Autobot design. Anyone know where to get one? Nothing on ebay.
onetuza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: For anyone that's seen Bumblebee (the movie) Reply with quote

The hubcaps are not '67.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: