Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AN Fittings
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

DeathBySnuSnu wrote:
That dash number is the size in sixteenths.

So a -6 fitting is 3/8 hose. I use -6 for fuel line.

For oil lines I like a -10
For vent lines a -12

I would think a -8 would be absolute minimum size for primary oil lines like on a full flow system.

Edit
It is not that you need 5/8 hose on the oil lines. It is the inside diameter of the fitting, the barb that sticks in the inside of the hose and the inside of the npt to 37* flair adapter.
I have a minimum inside diameter of .433" and a preferred of .473"
BINGO!!! on all of this. donut use -6 for oil lines.unless it's for valve spring oilers/spray bars, then a -4 could be used.
Ryan Tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

On the AN size topic, whats the inlet thread going in a Weber IDA carb?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

Ah now you're asking... I can't remember, but I managed to buy a pair ages ago that fitted... I'll post up if it comes to me.
Ryan Tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks, im thinking maybe 12x 1.25mm??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LOWE TECH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

Go to the site that Racer Dave linked. They have 'em and their service is good.
Ryan Tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

Just verified in hardware store, side inlet is 12x 1.5mm
Top is 16x1.5
Also was giving the correct info from Richierich

My local race shop has that AN fitting on the shelf for 4 bucks, aluminum or steel
Patty60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the suggestions
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

I used to get mine from the local surplus store. They had used or new. They would swedge the ends on for free if those were what you wanted.
rugblaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

When I was a young kid I had an uncle who had been in the military (Air Force) He worked at a local AFB as an A&P mechanic on F105 Starfighters, T38 trainers and F4 Phantoms......he acquired literally a metal trash can lid full of blue AN fittings that were kept in a pump house on my grandparents stock farm. He used them for repairs on tractors and such. Another aunt and uncle later moved into my grandparent's house and, I heard, while cleaning up "junk" they threw the trash can lid of fittings in a pit down in a pasture that subsequently got covered up with a front loader.

VWoA factory trained line tech 75 till 90 or so
ASE Master Certification
VWoA Assoc. of Quality Technicians inductee (One of 25 in the five state southwest region)
La Confrerie des Chevaliers du Tastevin (San Angelo Chapter)
TCU ......GO FROGS!!!!!!
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: AN Fittings Reply with quote

Get the shovel out. I need two an6 90 degree push on fittings... £34
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: