Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1776 VE table
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tzepesh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

I'm building a MS2 extra for a friend and I would need some starting values for VE table. Other tables (AFR, ignition) would also be useful. The engine is not too fancy, 1776 with Engle W110, 40x35.5 heads, ITBs from Jenvey.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andy198712
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

TPS or MAP, injector CC is all pretty important for anyone else maps to work for you.

if you consider the paid version of tuner studio it generates maps for you...
tzepesh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

For initial VE it doesn't matter. VE is a parameter of the engine. Tuning will be afterwards. This is just for initial startup.
It will be ITB configuration, so a combination of TPS and MAP.
Now my friend told me the engine is 1835, not 1776. It shall not be a big difference.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ralf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

the tuning tables

how many columns are they in X and Y axis..

im asking because i know other tuning softwares work using the same or similar pattern fo start up

and i might check if i can help ya

porting my SP head for my brother's project
https://youtu.be/OS_mVjQuqgk
tzepesh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

Megasquirt 2 extra has 16x16 for VE and 12x12 for ignition. But any map size is useful, I can interpolate values.
ralf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

tzepesh wrote:
Megasquirt 2 extra has 16x16 for VE and 12x12 for ignition. But any map size is useful, I can interpolate values.

alright so its 16x16 fuel map and 12x12 ign map...

alright il see what i can do and i will pm you

porting my SP head for my brother's project
https://youtu.be/OS_mVjQuqgk
tzepesh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

Thank you Ralf!
tzepesh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

I'm reviving this thread. We finally got to starting the engine and still I have no VE table... Anyone can help?
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

Tunerstudio will create one for you won't it?
Enough at least to get it running.
tzepesh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

UK Luke 72 wrote:

I know, but I wanted to start from an even better one, if available. With so many cars megasquirted, I would have thought those tables are easily available.
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

tzepesh wrote:
UK Luke 72 wrote:

I know, but I wanted to start from an even better one, if available. With so many cars megasquirted, I would have thought those tables are easily available.

There are WAY to many different factors. I think the Tuner Studio auto generated table will most likely get you much closer to ideal than a table from someone else half way around the world with a 3000ft difference in elevation. Even if you had identical engine specs its still going to need lots of tweaking.

The upgraded TunerStudio is super cheap considering what all it will do. It is really easy to use. I don't see any reason it wont get you close enough to drive it around town safely right after your first start-up.

Brian
kangaboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

Brian_e wrote:
tzepesh wrote:
UK Luke 72 wrote:

There are WAY to many different factors. I think the Tuner Studio auto generated table will most likely get you much closer to ideal than a table from someone else half way around the world with a 3000ft difference in elevation. Even if you had identical engine specs its still going to need lots of tweaking.

The upgraded TunerStudio is super cheap considering what all it will do. It is really easy to use. I don't see any reason it wont get you close enough to drive it around town safely right after your first start-up.

Brian

I guess its just intimidating to some people or folks that haven't messed with tuning their own cars...but setting your target AFR table up with a conservative spark map and turning on "AutoTune" will have you set up with a decent tune in like two or three on ramp pulls.
it really is quite amazing how fast you can get a base map. I say this after having tuned my car for a few years, but I was on the same page as OP, trying to find a map to get things rolling.

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Shocked

that fucking thing looks like it drove through a J.C. Whitney catalogue and hit everything on the way out Laughing
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1776 VE table Reply with quote

One thing that is quite important when running Autotune is you need a decent Lambda Delay table set up for your engine.
The default table is for a V-8 engine and is not even close to a VW engine.

Once you have that...... the AutoTune..... when on the "Easy" setting will tune the VE table quite quickly. Viewing the table in 3D view and smoothing it out will help move it along also.

Your tune will depend somewhat on your ignition timing throughout the engine range. Changing the timing will require a slightly different VE table.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: