Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Needlenoddlenoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims Reply with quote

After looking at the alignment report and looking at what I did befor, could I have lifted the front of the van on one side too much? The camber is out putting the top of each rear wheel pointing to the driver side , well when I cranked the front torsion bars I went up 3/4" on the driver side and 3/8" on the passenger side this leveled the front of the van but could it have affected the rear wheels? I'm kinda at a loss as what to do , I don't want uneven ware on the rear tires , new rear tires!

Any help would be great. Thanks Ivan.

The Tortuga (99 Eurovan)
Elsie (87 vanagon ) sold
Luna -RIP.
Sunny the boxer
Leland,Sawyer,,Gallagher
Wife and I
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims Reply with quote

Where did you guys get the center caps for your 16x7 rims? I bought some Audi 16x7's and would like VW center caps for them. Audi rim PN is 8EO601025C. 7Jx16 H2 ET42.
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims Reply with quote

I have the same wheels on my EV, but haven't gotten around to searching for center-caps. These *should* work...the PCD is correct, and the cap appears to snap around the edge of the cone of each lug. Maybe I'll order a set (after finding a lower price) later this spring...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-aud...gIwQvD_BwE

I don't think electrickery works that way
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims Reply with quote

Stripped66 wrote:
I have the same wheels on my EV, but haven't gotten around to searching for center-caps. These *should* work...the PCD is correct, and the cap appears to snap around the edge of the cone of each lug. Maybe I'll order a set (after finding a lower price) later this spring...

Thanks, I emailed ECS asking if it will fit the Audi wheels.
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims Reply with quote

Stripped66 wrote:

No, those don't work. Those are VW PN 5N0601169. I went to the VW dealer, easy enough to get them, but they're too shallow, won't grip the lug, otherwise they're the correct size.

VW PN 7D0601165 fits the center bore. It goes in but is a tad loose once it's in. It won't pop out on it's own but I need something non-permanent like butyl sealant tape to keep them solidly in. Not a big deal, I bought them.

VW PN 1J0601171 is too small for the center bore.

I had Cavevan Cole do the lift for me, but could have done it myself in the street. The van is getting fixed up nicely.

EDIT: That sounded a bit mean-spirited toward CaveVan Cole, but was not meant so. Cole & Co did a nice job on the van, they're professionals.
Ejspada
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16'7" rims Reply with quote

boinzy wrote:
I have this lift (thanks Cole!) and 16x7 rims. Drives and handles great, no worries about tipping here. These particular rims were one of the only 16x7 rims with a 42 offset I could find in this style.

Adding this lift was one of the best mods I've done to my EV. We spend a fair amount of time in the mountains of Colorado, and while I wouldn't take this van "off-roading" we do encounter rutted out dirt roads often. The extra clearance gives me peace of mind.

Plus it looks cool.

Here's a pic:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Can you confirm the make and modle or part number of the rims ? I like them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16'7" rims Reply with quote

Ejspada wrote:
boinzy wrote:
I have this lift (thanks Cole!) and 16x7 rims. Drives and handles great, no worries about tipping here. These particular rims were one of the only 16x7 rims with a 42 offset I could find in this style.

Adding this lift was one of the best mods I've done to my EV. We spend a fair amount of time in the mountains of Colorado, and while I wouldn't take this van "off-roading" we do encounter rutted out dirt roads often. The extra clearance gives me peace of mind.

Plus it looks cool.

Here's a pic:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Can you confirm the make and modle or part number of the rims ? I like them

I think those are Audi rims like I have. Came off of a mid-90's Audi sedan I think. Audi rim PN is 8EO601025C. 7Jx16 H2 ET42.

I bought these VW centercaps for the rims from a VW dealer - VW PN 7D0601165. They're a wee bit loose, I put a bead of butyl rubber sealant around each to keep them secure.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims Reply with quote

I've also had the same center cap looseness issue when swapping my caps from the VW three season rims to the Audi Winter rims. That fact that VAG would make different diameter caps is silly. But, despite the looseness, they've never been flung off.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
I've also had the same center cap looseness issue when swapping my caps from the VW three season rims to the Audi Winter rims. That fact that VAG would make different diameter caps is silly. But, despite the looseness, they've never been flung off.

Yeah, they clicked in fine and wouldn't pop off easily by hand. The VW parts guy gave me a chunk of butyl rubber sealant. It's like window putty, roll it btwn your palms and press it around the cap.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
murraybot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Lifted Eurovan with 16x7" rims Reply with quote

Old thread but seems like a good thread to ask in:

After lifting the rear what is the target height for the front ride height (relative to rear)?

What are the stock ride height specs?

This is for a 2003 Eurovan Westfalia Weekender

Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: