Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
westydriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

This Friday and weekend I'll be finishing up a subaru conversion here west of Omaha. If anyone wants to drink a few beers and help learn some things or just rap about vans, get in my pms and I'll be happy to get you directions to the barn. I know there's not a ton of us in the area so I thought i'd throw it out. Pics to follow for all you coasters!
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

D@mn . . . wish I was about 500 miles closer... Crying or Very sad

Looking forward to your post-party pic post... Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
ndorian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

That's what I'm talkin about.
westydriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

So, first start was a success for about 10-15 minutes until it stalled Very Happy Ain't that the most appropriate Vanagon thing ever? Anyway, working on what the cause of the stall was at this point and don't think we're too far off. I can't express how much gratitude i have for some of the folks I've met on this site and their amazing responses to my noobie questions. Robert, Jeff, David, Insyncro, you guys are such a blessing to the community. Stay tuned, we're right there.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

My trip to Denver will be Feb 14 or 15, and back Feb 18 or 19. I'll go out via 80, I believe.. and/or back, for sure. Love to stop for a few hours rest, if its not too far off the 4-laner.
westydriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
My trip to Denver will be Feb 14 or 15, and back Feb 18 or 19. I'll go out via 80, I believe.. and/or back, for sure. Love to stop for a few hours rest, if its not too far off the 4-laner.

I'll be in orlando both of those dates but you're welcome to camp out if you need a spot. I'm about 10 minutes off I80 with tools and plug ins and connections. Send me a PM if you want directions.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

I assume you know of the Omaha VW Club... Do you know any of the Buskatiers? There is quite a few of the OVWC folks who are also Buskatiers and come down to Bustoberfest at Indian Cave State Park in SE Nebraska each October.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westydriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
I assume you know of the Omaha VW Club... Do you know any of the Buskatiers? There is quite a few of the OVWC folks who are also Buskatiers and come down to Bustoberfest at Indian Cave State Park in SE Nebraska each October.

No, I'm new to the area. Love Indian Caves though.
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

I wish I lived closer, I would totally hang out and wrench with you. That's part of the fun! Misery loves company Laughing

BiWerks Design, LLC
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Open invitation for Nebraska and/or Midwest Volks Reply with quote

westydriver wrote:
vwwestyman wrote:

No, I'm new to the area. Love Indian Caves though.

Well, then, I suggest you look up both groups!

Bustoberfest is a lot of fun! As much as I hate the fact that it also means winter is not long after, I always look forward to Bustoberfest.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: