Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Xatie’s bug project still not completed after a year. Brick wall

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Had the engine right there....and then apart again. Evil or Very Mad Other projects to deal with, work, family, campouts etc. so that got a big time out.

So I might currently be on a road trip with Xatie in her 76 Shhh Shhh

And as I type this post. My buddy text me with this Dancing Dancing Dancing

“Cool. Call me if you have any problems. Hope you have fun!Send me some pics. Just about got all the parts cleaned up for reassemble on the bug motor. I will keep you posted during the week.”

So maybe Xatie will have it when the Sun returns to Portland Confused

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

I didn't know what the star was for. Moderator? Online? I didn't ask and then forgot about it.

I've gotten mucho help here and entertainment, as well. I love it here.

Donation sent.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
I didn't know what the star was for. Moderator? Online? I didn't ask and then forgot about it.

Donation sent.

Good on you. Some people ask why they should make a donation or become a premium member since Everett makes money on advertising and such. Well my local ACVW shops make money selling parts and services. I still feel compelled to shop their stores first to keep them around. Plus when you build a good relationship with a local ACVW store. They tend to give you some perks. I have no problem paying more to buy a part I can grab off the shelf locally. Spike, whom I’ve never met sent me his bus cover for free. Cost me $20 in shipping. That alone saved me $100. In turn I sent $45 to the Samba for premium membership.

Some folks like Busdaddy, asiab3, Aeromech, Amskeptic, wildthings, skills, tram, and so many others do this ACVW thing as a job. They shouldn’t feel obligated to kick in $ into the Samba. Even if they make a new client because of the Samba. They earned it by participating on this site.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? FIXED Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
Quote:
Big Thanks to Stuartzickfoose swapping in his old engine to help me register the 76. Crushing snow and passing fools on the road.

Geez, why not just call CARB and tell them you committed a $50,000 felony.

I even happily drive tdi VWs! But don’t tell anyone 😈

Also note there’s nothing illegal about swapping an engine to pass emission. Here in Cali they just suggest two new catalytic converters for $1,200 each (CARB compliant only! Just one state for you special suckers!) and that’s not more of a joke then a different engine? Might want to check into WHY the engine got swapped before you point fingers.

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:

Donation sent.

Good on you. Some people ask why they should make a donation or become a premium member since Everett makes money on advertising and such. Well my local ACVW shops make money selling parts and services. I still feel compelled to shop their stores first to keep them around. Plus when you build a good relationship with a local ACVW store. They tend to give you some perks. I have no problem paying more to buy a part I can grab off the shelf locally. Spike, whom I’ve never met sent me his bus cover for free. Cost me $20 in shipping. That alone saved me $100. In turn I sent $45 to the Samba for premium membership.

Some folks like Busdaddy, asiab3, Aeromech, Amskeptic, wildthings, skills, tram, and so many others do this ACVW thing as a job. They shouldn’t feel obligated to kick in $ into the Samba. Even if they make a new client because of the Samba. They earned it by participating on this site.

I didn't see the Premium Member button and randomly picked $40. If I send another $5 will I be a premium member, or does the whole thing have to be done at once using the right buttons, considering I paid more than the 6 month fee?
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:

I didn't see the Premium Member button and randomly picked $40. If I send another $5 will I be a premium member, or does the whole thing have to be done at once using the right buttons, considering I paid more than the 6 month fee?

The premium membership is hidden in the words above the donate buttons. It needs to be highlighted better. It gets overlooked often. Contact Everett. I’m sure he will upgrade you.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

First weekend in June is The Northwest Bug Run. 33 years of camping, swap meet, showing, and racing.

And a shot of Xatie wondering when her bug will be done. Brick wall d'oh!

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:

The premium membership is hidden in the words above the donate buttons. It needs to be highlighted better. It gets overlooked often. Contact Everett. I’m sure he will upgrade you.

First, thanks to anyone who has done a Premium membership recently, I appreciate it!

scottyrocks - I upgraded you.
If anyone else did a donation and would like it applied to a Premium membership, PM or email me

You can also click on any of the stars
you see by people's names, they are a direct link to the Premium Membership page
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Reading this made me realize that my Premium membership has been expired for, uh, most of a year.
Renewed!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
First weekend in June is The Northwest Bug Run. 33 years of camping, swap meet, showing, and racing.

Wow, that's funny I thought I recognized that bus. There's a video on YouTube about it, pretty great story!

Link

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Xevin, you will always be a star in my eyes.
Just seeing you puts a smile on my face everytime,
let's Frisbee when it gets warmer.
62 Ragtop Bug
77 Westfalia
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

I sometimes forget to renew my membership on The Samba. I renewed it a month or two ago. For entertainment purposes, it's dirt cheap to help maintain the best aircooled VW forum on the internet.

Kudo's to Everett for the improvement in oversight and moderation. It's a more friendly place to BS with other die hard aircooled VW lovers compared to 10 years ago.

Also kudo's to the very knowledgeable contributors who openly share their knowledge and VW experience with others. Lord knows I've learned tons from them and try to pass along what I've learned from them.

It's also nice to see the positive trend of utilizing the original, restored VW parts that make our VW's run like they did when they were delivered new. This helps the new VW owners not make the mistake of purchasing the junk parts that have flooded the market from China this past decade plus. The VW owners who have the most dependable VW's and run the most trouble free miles all run restored, original VW parts. So, a big thank you also goes out to the old timers who stripped and parted VW's for decades and kept these parts around to be restored and put back in service.

The only downside to this site is losing some of these contributors who've passed on. Russ Wolfe, Karl, Bill and many others. The good news is they live on in their posts from the past that I frequently run into and learn from while searching things.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
gintaras
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

You guys on the West coast having all the fun.. maybe I need to get out of the midwest..
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Shocked The legendary shawnhigh has joined us with his 159th post in 16 years Very Happy A great ACVW brother and even better friend.

[email protected] wrote:
Xevin, you will always be a star in my eyes.
Just seeing you puts a smile on my face everytime,
let's Frisbee when it gets warmer.

Nice pull 67ctbug! Mike and J are great people. You should see their daughter’s bus.

67ctbug wrote:

Wow, that's funny I thought I recognized that bus. There's a video on YouTube about it, pretty great story!

Link

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

gintaras wrote:
You guys on the West coast having all the fun.. maybe I need to get out of the midwest..

Maybe you could trade places with certain grumpy people who cannot wait to get out of California.
gintaras
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Ni pictures, but thanks for everyone's help over the years.. I'm still running hot, but I drive 70mph 500 miles/week.
Thanks to andrewtf for sending me "slider latch thing"'s

Thanks to Aeromech, Everett, SGKent, and anyone who has replied within minutes of me posting a question!
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Ah! Thanks for reminding me to renew the star!

I am thankful to Steve (the grumpy Californian) for alerting me to two NOS 205S distributors for sale in Germany! Now I have a perfect NOS distributor in the double cab, plus a NOS spare (which I almost hate to ever use -- it is better as a museum piece!)
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
gintaras wrote:

Maybe you could trade places with certain grumpy people who cannot wait to get out of California.

Hey its not that easy anymore. I had to pass a test to get my spot back. And I was born here! Laughing If my old DL# wasnt still in the system I may of been told to stay in Seattle. Rolling Eyes

Xevin, Xatie has a bug? When did this happen? Razz

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gintaras
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

I donated, I have no star Sad
Do I need to find the secret Premium member link?
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is the star missing from my user name? WITH PHOTOS Reply with quote

Thanks to all the Sambanista’s that appreciate my help. I just received an email a couple days ago that was a very nice thank you. I get a lot more than I give but it’s not money, it’s personal satisfaction.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: