Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Bug Today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 361, 362, 363 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VengeanceASX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

exsystem wrote:
VengeanceASX wrote:
Went from this
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

To this

Looks Great!

Thanks!
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

I decided to be obnoxious for a few days and removed the muffler from my baja. it is a bit "loud" but it sounds and runs fantastic. its like driving a different car lol.
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Vanillagurilla wrote:
I decided to be obnoxious for a few days and removed the muffler from my baja. it is a bit "loud" but it sounds and runs fantastic. its like driving a different car lol.

I was wondering what the hell all that noise was?!?!?!

Man, my kids are right. I am getting old.

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
Len K
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Secondary trunk latch

Fuel Sender Gasket replaced
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Got a new keychain...

Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

VW_Jimbo wrote:
Vanillagurilla wrote:

I was wondering what the hell all that noise was?!?!?!

Man, my kids are right. I am getting old.

Haha it's not that loud. At idle we could stand behind it and have a normal conversation, however, once you start getting around 2500 rpm it wakes up lol. It sounds good with the muffler as well but you hear more engine noise then exhaust noise. I've spent some money on this thing and I like to hear it sometimes lol.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

juust drove it around town. wee needed a break in the action.
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Started mocking up some rzr seats, not going to be as involved as I thought unless I'm sitting to high. Also got my cb linkage in and doing that in the morning. Side note, my old seats were actually prp racing suspension seats so I'm going to see about getting those redone and putting them back in the car in the future.

vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Replaced the turn signal in my '74 Super w/a VW-stamped one that *by pure luck* i've had in my stash for years. The old one crumbled w/in the steering column. I don't know if it was the original factory one, but the wiper switch still had the original semi-transparent factory hose that carries water from the window washer canister attached. I had to cut it off to get the joint switch assembly out.

Somewhere along the way a PO must've used an impact gun to tighten down the steering wheel. I couldn't break the nut off w/a breaker bar and ended up having to "tap" it w/my electric impact gun to get it loose. Maybe that's what originally cracked the old turn signal...who knows.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Faught with my new cb linkage for hours yesterday, drilling, grinding, cutting. Those steel hex bars are nice until you have to drill the center hole deeper to cut it down lol. Thought I had it figured out until today when I was adding some return springs and noticed the linkage hitting in a few areas. Adjusted it all until I got 100% throttle opening and now my throttle cable is short. Lol.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Vanillagurilla wrote:
Adjusted it all until I got 100% throttle opening and now my throttle cable is short. Lol.

Either get a longer accelerator cable, or use a cable extender like I've used with my single Weer since 1976. Mine is like this but has an allen-head set screw.

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
norenmd1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Finished lowering project on my ‘68. One outer spline in the back, narrowed beam from JBugs set halfway between highest and lowest positions up front, disc brake conversion front and back, EMPI 15” wheels and 195/60s.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Nice!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Figured out why I couldn't get my distributor tight and why the timing would slip lol.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Finished installing the new interior.

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
Finished installing the new interior.

That looks great, which interior is that?
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

DurocShark wrote:

That looks great, which interior is that?

Thanks Duroc. Those are TMI bright white vinyl w/sapphire blue cloth inserts, got them thru JBugs. Same for the door panels. The covers were a motherf*%$&r to install, especially on the front seats.

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Today I added a pickle to the engine bay of my 71 Super Beetle.

DurocShark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Replaced the steering wheel. It's raining so stuck with something I can do in the car with the door closed. Wink

Pulled the old Grant Signature wheel and adapter, and replaced with a cheap Grant Classic.

The old one was missing the horn hardware, so I wanted a horn. Plus the old one was so old, the rubber was soft and kinda sticky. Anybody want the old one? I hate to throw it out... It's free for anybody who wants to get it.

DurocShark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Bug Today? Reply with quote

Two steering wheels... hehehe

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 361, 362, 363 ... 447, 448, 449  Next
Jump to:
Page 362 of 449

Jump to: