Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

Don’t have the rear seat in yet so I can’t measure how high it needs to be. I read in another post the pc925L is the correct one to get. Just verifying..
The optima red top and Odyssey are what I was considering because I don’t want an acid battery. Looking at agm.
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

The Odyssey PC925 series fits very nicely under a Beetle's rear seat with plenty of clearance between the battery and the seat springs. I've been using these batteries in all my VWs for years...even in Karmann Ghias, which have much less room under the rear seat than Beetles do ↓

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
Corney13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

I used an Odyssey PC 1200. I also bough the mount for it. It is close to the original size and clears the seat, but I used pond liner to cover the springs just in case.

67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

I checked the specs on the 1200 and it looked too big. The 1200 is bigger all around. The 1200 looks to be better-larger and more capacity but still fits..
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

Does Odyssey make a 6v for our cars?
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

Not sure man. Check out their site. I just want an agm so I don’t have to work about acid leaking on the pan.
I just got the 1200 for $200 and another 5% off that at 4wd parts.
cln60ragfk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

How does it start with that 925 in it?
Is 330 enough to cold start?
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

cln60ragfk wrote:

I have 925’a in both my 60 with a 36hp and 64 with a 1776. Both have 6v starters and it spins them over nicely. No issues at all.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
cln60ragfk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
cln60ragfk wrote:

I have 925’a in both my 60 with a 36hp and 64 with a 1776. Both have 6v starters and it spins them over nicely. No issues at all.

Thanks appreciate it. My car has a 2185 so just wondering how it starts cold
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

You're concerned about "cold" starting in southern California? Really? It was -32 degrees Celcius here today (that's -25 degrees Fahrenheit). Didn't try starting a VW beetle ...but my 2010 Dodge Caravan started just fine, although I did have the block heater plugged in for 4 hours prior to starting. LOL
cln60ragfk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

Digger89L wrote:
You're concerned about "cold" starting in southern California? Really? It was -32 degrees Celcius here today (that's -25 degrees Fahrenheit). Didn't try starting a VW beetle ...but my 2010 Dodge Caravan started just fine, although I did have the block heater plugged in for 4 hours prior to starting. LOL

Thanks for your two cents
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Maximum height of battery and Odyssey batteries? Reply with quote

You're more than welcome. (That was 2 cents CDN).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: