Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Broken bearing in RGB, please help
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Broken bearing in RGB, please help Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
IT's all there in the RGB- the puller bolt for the axles comes from the bearing retainer, the big nut is the spacer for clearing the bearing all you need is a big washer.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Broken bearing in RGB, please help Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
05gh wrote:
I have busted the myth that trannys arte diffeculd.

Yes. Come back and help in threads when you can.

X2- would love to see more - with innovative tools and "git er done"

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
05gh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken bearing in RGB, please help Reply with quote

I have rebuild the RGB in reverse order, but it looks different from shown diagram.
The inner spacer #4 is missing? please what are the physical measurements? or show a picture.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
05gh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken bearing in RGB, please help Reply with quote

from left to right 13mm (0.5"), 8mm (0.3"), 6mm (0.24"), bearing, washer, gasket, 15mm (0.6"), bearing cover (with oilseal en deflector).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
05gh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken bearing in RGB, please help Reply with quote

I found this image on the samba (small nut)
I have opened the otherside and the inner spacer is 8mm (o3") and the outer spacer is 15mm (o6").
The other spacer I have are used the get the right distance fron drumbreake to nut on the axel.
(I think that the diskbreak on one side in not from a bus I think it belong to a beetle?)
05gh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Broken bearing in RGB, please help Reply with quote

williamM wrote:

X2- would love to see more - with innovative tools and "git er done"

If you don't have the right tools these retaining clips are #$%^@
Just put a thin wire throu te eyes of the clip
Hook onse site to stub or what ever
Pull on the other wire, the clip will open and with your free hand push the clip over the stub en release the wire.
Cut the wire on the backside and pull it out of the eyes. done
swiss_bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Broken bearing in RGB, please help Reply with quote

Hi, I had the exact same issue as in the initial post. What worked nice for me was, putting at least 4 balls back into the outer ring. Then you can put on the outer ring on the still correctly sitting inner ring. Push the balls around, so there are evenly distributed around the rings. If you use a KUKKO style puller now, you can insert the arms in between the remaining balls. The outer ring will not slide off and you can remove the bearing easily.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: