Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

5/16 FI Hose for Injectors
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: 5/16 FI Hose for Injectors Reply with quote

Perhaps it's here somewhere, but my eyes are getting crossed trying to find it. Has anyone used 5/16 FI hose with the actual injectors? I've been using it on other parts of the system without issue, but unsure if going to be too sloppy for the injector's barbs (in part becauseI have found anyone specifically stating they used 5/16). While we are at it, anyone step up and use Oetiker clamps at the injector? Seems that might be a better choice instead of the usual FI clamp. Again, only taking about the actual injectors. Thanks!

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 5/16 FI Hose for Injectors Reply with quote

I have.

5/16" is 8mm so it'll fit fine, I prefer the rounded edge smooth FI clamps opposed to the Oetiker clamps only for the ability to tighten if they ever leak and easy roadside removal/re-use. Sometimes function and ease of maintenance wins over stock.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 5/16 FI Hose for Injectors Reply with quote

Thanks!!

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: 5/16 FI Hose for Injectors Reply with quote

DeMinimis wrote:
Perhaps it's here somewhere, but my eyes are getting crossed trying to find it. Has anyone used 5/16 FI hose with the actual injectors? I've been using it on other parts of the system without issue, but unsure if going to be too sloppy for the injector's barbs (in part becauseI have found anyone specifically stating they used 5/16). While we are at it, anyone step up and use Oetiker clamps at the injector? Seems that might be a better choice instead of the usual FI clamp. Again, only taking about the actual injectors. Thanks!

I used screw FI clamps on the injectors of my air-cooled Vanagon. In the whole system I have used all three types, screw/clamp type, screw/worm type (not hose clamps kids, which cut the rubber) and a couple of Oetiker that came with the fuel pump. I have not had leaks with any of them yet but its only been a few months so far. Some folks in the Vanagon forum swear by the Oetiker. The debate rages on that forum. Here are two example threads that popped up in a quick search that happen to be discussing 5/16 hose.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=665883&highlight=clamps
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=608998&highlight=clamps
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: 5/16 FI Hose for Injectors Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm going to give these style Oetikers a try IF they fit. These are just for the hose at the injector.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If not, I'll try some others, I have or have coming. Thanks all. 5/16 injector hose it shall be.

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: