Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zehbeh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
zehbeh wrote:
Did the width of the spare tire well change over the years?
I bought 195-R15s and they fit exactly in. My bus is a 64.
Christian

Which brand of tire and what is the section width?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Couldn't measure the widt of the spare tire well, but they exactly fit in. Width of the inflated tire is 180mm.
CTmoog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

zehbeh wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
zehbeh wrote:
Did the width of the spare tire well change over the years?
I bought 195-R15s and they fit exactly in. My bus is a 64.
Christian

Which brand of tire and what is the section width?

Couldn't measure the widt of the spare tire well, but they exactly fit in. Width of the inflated tire is 180mm.

They look pretty good. Where did you find these?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zehbeh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Found them on the german ebay site. They were quite cheap. As far as I remember around 50 EUR each.
I feared that they would be too wide for the spare tire well, so I ordered just one to check this.
Google search on "minerva emizero van 195 80 r15" showed me some matching results too. No idea if Minerva tires are available in the US.
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

zehbeh wrote:
Found them on the german ebay site. They were quite cheap. As far as I remember around 50 EUR each.
I feared that they would be too wide for the spare tire well, so I ordered just one to check this.
Google search on "minerva emizero van 195 80 r15" showed me some matching results too. No idea if Minerva tires are available in the US.

These look to be available only in Europe, here is the 195R15 tire:

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/minerva/emi-zero-van/195r15-106r-927422
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

zehbeh wrote:

Minerva were about the only brand I could find in the UK who sold 195R15C sized tyres. I have their RF09 106/104R on my truck.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
zehbeh wrote:

I'd kill for that selection of 195 r15 light truck tires here in the US. What gives, why aren't these available here?

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
zehbeh wrote:

I'd kill for that selection of 195 r15 light truck tires here in the US. What gives, why aren't these available here?

Agreed.... its really slim pickens here. I'm sure the US makes it harder in some way to sell those here (ie, regulations/taxes/etc.).
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

What tire pressures are you guys running with the D - load rated 8 ply tires, like the Thunderer brand from Simple tire? They are rated to 60 psi
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
zehbeh wrote:

Agreed.... its really slim pickens here. I'm sure the US makes it harder in some way to sell those here (ie, regulations/taxes/etc.).

I think that the main thing driving availability is the number of vehicles that use that size tire. There is just not a large market in the USA for tires of that size.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Jaybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

So I read near all 22 pages, (Ok just first 5)

1966 VW camper with full camper gear.
15 inch tire.

Correct that I need

205-75-15?
general grabber at2?

Cant find in my area a 195 with AT tread and this will be a camper as in pine cones and sticks and small off road, not 4x4 but snow, all that.
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Jaybus wrote:
So I read near all 22 pages, (Ok just first 5)

15 inch tire.

Correct that I need

205-75-15?
general grabber at2?

Cant find in my area a 195 with AT tread and this will be a camper as in pine cones and sticks and small off road, not 4x4 but snow, all that.

I just purchased a set for my 58 single cab. Can’t wait to try them out
Jaybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Walmart appears to have them cheap I guess I used simple tire and it was awesome but the install was $100+ at a separate shop.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Jaybus wrote:
Walmart appears to have them cheap I guess I used simple tire and it was awesome but the install was $100+ at a separate shop.

Shop around a little, you will find it cheaper somewhere. Offer to bring the wheels and tires to them off the vehicle.
Jaybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

its $439 installed and tax total but even so its 5 days out in shipping.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Jaybus wrote:
its $439 installed and tax total but even so its 5 days out in shipping.

I was referring to the mounting costs. That's why I highlighted that part of the quote.
Jaybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

o ok, im totally new to tires for this kind of vehicle.
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Whatever tire shop you use, they need the adapter for old VW's to mount and balance the 5 x 205 wheel. Discount Tire here does them
Jaybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

thanks, I learned that the hard way. I purchased the tool.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

Jaybus wrote:
15 inch tire.

You purposely chose 15" rims?
Jaybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: 15" Radial Tires - Sizes and Vendors Reply with quote

No it came like this,

My 58 also,
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 31

Jump to: