Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
urabusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

We will miss Larry and Jim blazer. Those guys were my volkswagen hero’s. I’m John Buschmann at Urabus, we moved to Buena Vista Colorado because the rising rent in Denver forced us out of our shop of 5 years. We now have a sweet location with camping, a larger shop and viewes to die for. We have a ton of new and used parts in stock, as well as a full repair shop. This summer we will have general maintence classes, upholstery classes and maybe a rust repair and panel fabrication class. Thank you to everyone who has stood by our side during this big move and we’re excited for this year!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Hi! We're glad to have you here! I can understand about the Denver rents. I hope you do well up there.

I rather suspect I know where you get your transmissions!

Shocked

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Happy to know you're out there, Welcome to our special corner of Madness!

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Super cool! Glad to know you are up there!
urabusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

msinabottle wrote:
Hi! We're glad to have you here! I can understand about the Denver rents. I hope you do well up there.

I rather suspect I know where you get your transmissions!

Shocked

Best!

Mr gas!! He really does the best job for 091 and 094 vanagon and late bay transmissions. His lead time is about 4 weeks. What’s going on with your transmission??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
urabusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Gnarlodious wrote:
Thanks!!!! Come visit!
urabusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Gnarlodious wrote:

I would love to see your aaz vanagon! I have an ahu in my 74 bay window Westy.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

urabusvw, I follow you on IG and your work is impressive. IdleTheoryBus's green seats looked great - they were so happy with your work!
urabusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
urabusvw, I follow you on IG and your work is impressive. IdleTheoryBus's green seats looked great - they were so happy with your work!

Brandon! Thank you so much for the kind words! I love kit and Jr, they are good people
fleetwood41
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

"This summer we will have general maintence classes, upholstery classes and maybe a rust repair and panel fabrication class. Thank you to everyone who has stood by our side during this big move and we’re excited for this year!"

Hey John,

I'm in Woodland Park and camp up Cottonwood and out at Half Moon Creek all the time. We've driven by several times since you moved to BV but haven't stopped in yet. I'm looking forward to information on the classes. What a great idea.....although I think it will just teach me to leave most stuff to the pros! Haha.

Take care,

Mick
urabusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Hey John,

I'm in Woodland Park and camp up Cottonwood and out at Half Moon Creek all the time. We've driven by several times since you moved to BV but haven't stopped in yet. I'm looking forward to information on the classes. What a great idea.....although I think it will just teach me to leave most stuff to the pros! Haha.

Take care,

Mick[/quote]

Hi Mick!
Stop by and say hi! What type of class would you be interested in attending?
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Wish you guys luck! You thinking of a formal open house/campout? We'd likely make the drive, BV is rad.
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

urabusvw wrote:
Mr gas!!

Mr GAS rebuilt my 5-speed 3 years ago and its working great! Especially enjoying the Peloquin in all this snowy weather!
urabusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

owokie wrote:
Wish you guys luck! You thinking of a formal open house/campout? We'd likely make the drive, BV is rad.

We're going to have a grand opening party! were planning for late may or early june.
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Oh, we are so there if you do an open house around then. Hope to be in the area by mid-April to early May, and within 200 miles of you until September.

Thank You very much for returning my call inquiry so quick today, my pleasure -- and Best to you and your brother!

Buenie Bus Bar & BBQ!

(Oh darn, that doesn't say "We do bus wrenching," nor "Camp while we work on your buggy") Laughing

— Colin Chapman
urabusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

E1 wrote:
Oh, we are so there if you do an open house around then. Hope to be in the area by mid-April to early May, and within 200 miles of you until September.

Thank You very much for returning my call inquiry so quick today, my pleasure -- and Best to you and your brother!

It was great talking to you today Eric. Excited to see you in Buena Vista in the future.

-John Buschmann
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

Quote:
Mr gas!! He really does the best job for 091 and 094 vanagon and late bay transmissions. His lead time is about 4 weeks. What’s going on with your transmission??

Actually, the only thing it needs are new drain and fill plugs, and fluid. You probably know how hard it is to get Swepco ANYTHING in Denver. Mr. Gas himself, met him at VWs on the Green and up at the RMW camp-outs, told me to quit swivering about what to use and just CHANGE IT, already.

Shocked

He's got a point! Here's the story of my transmission, which you'll hopefully enjoy:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=252297

Larry and Jim were dear friends.

Best!
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

Ha, they are staying at a best friend's in Miami now... friend just sent a pic today of their motor pulled, but at least all were smiling.

Friend failed to see my humor in asking if the engine came from a Singer. Small engine meets Small World. Wink

— Colin Chapman
fleetwood41
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

"Hi Mick!
Stop by and say hi! What type of class would you be interested in attending?"

I would for sure be interested in the rust repair....maybe the metal/panel fabrication too....."

Electrical 101 perhaps???

Thanks....we'll see you soon....

Mick
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Blazer Automotive Closing - Denver Reply with quote

I usually camp up around Cottonwood Pass on the way to Syncro Solstice if time permits. I'll have to stop by and say hello!

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: