Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CLK wheels
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
mikemtnbike wrote:

Brandon I totally missed that you got those!! The black looks kick ass- none more black kick ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7FRivVMgA

Thanks man! This is a turning point and its time to kick ass Laughing

I bought these 4 black ones for $200 and I also bought 2x silver ones for $75.

Vnyd Dog - those tires/wheel setup looks awesome. That's a real clean set. I don't really have the money to buy a set. What's up with those green tire caps :O

Hey thanks. I’m happy. So it turns out my Costco exclusively Nitrogen fills. The green caps are to indicate N in the tire. Lemme know if you part with an extra silver wheel. I need a spare!
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Vnyd Dog wrote:

Hey thanks. I’m happy. So it turns out my Costco exclusively Nitrogen fills. The green caps are to indicate N in the tire. Lemme know if you part with an extra silver wheel. I need a spare!

Thought so on the Nitrogen. My research shows since air is 78% nitrogen it won't hurt to use an air compressor on them.

Have you tried car-part.com to find a spare? To be honest I'll probably just keep one on hand in case I bend/crack one.
toomanyveedubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Vnyd Dog wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

225/75R16??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Looks like 215/65. 2wd with 1.5" lift??
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

They are the 215/65s. Currently on new Schwenk springs and older Bilstein HDs. I ordered the smallest spacers from Chris in the event I need em, but won't know till I get them on. I guess some 215s fit without spacers depending on level etc.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Vnyd Dog wrote:
They are the 215/65s. Currently on new Schwenk springs and older Bilstein HDs. I ordered the smallest spacers from Chris in the event I need em, but won't know till I get them on. I guess some 215s fit without spacers depending on level etc.

Nokian entryes “fit” my van with no spacers in that size, but it was so incredibly close at the front UCA that I did a wee bit of grinding to gain clearance. Working great for almost 3 years now. The grinding was suggested by crazyvwvanman somewhere earlier in this thread.

This is with original, need to be replaced springs and "OEM" Spectrum (which I believe is just another word for Monroe) replacement shocks. .
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

https://southbend.craigslist.org/pts/d/nappanee-mercedes-clk320-parting-out/6838698203.html

Traded texts with the seller. The asking price is $200.

It would be a 4-hour round-trip for me -- I can't swing it in the foreseeable future.

Somebody grab them! Smile
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Alright finally
Got my tires mounted after my trip and got the spacers and wheels on. Cruised around the vineyard a bit to break in the BFGs. Running the 215/65s. Need to take up the highway to get a feel for how they handle. I’ll be reprimanded for not searching but can anyone recommend tire pressures for the BFGs for a typical unloaded Westy? The load rating on them is pretty high, 103 I think!!

beach_creature
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Nice!
I have 215/70r16 KO2s. I run 40 psi in the front and 50 psi in the rear. My tires seem to have even wear. Not so plush on the bumps. I air down for extended dirt road travel.
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

beach_creature wrote:
Nice!
I have 215/70r16 KO2s. I run 40 psi in the front and 50 psi in the rear. My tires seem to have even wear. Not so plush on the bumps. I air down for extended dirt road travel.

Ah thanks. And my search did end up coming through...
crazyvwvanman wrote:
The BFG LT215/65R16 has way more max carrying capacity than is required by the weight of our vans so it doesn't need to be inflated to its max.
The needed pressure versus weight carrying capacity of a given tire can be looked up.
If you locate the appropriate inflation table for the tire in question you can match the max rated weight of each axle/wheel to the pressure required to safely support that weight for long drives.

For the BFG Load D 103 LT215/65R16 the inflation table I have lists about
42 front
46 rear
to carry our vans when fully loaded to the allowable weight.
Some people overload their vans and would need more pressure.
Most people would be able to use less.

Mark

llilibel03 wrote:
I have more tire questions Shocked Shocked Shocked

Say you have BFG KO2s (I'm thinking 215/65r16) and they're rated 65psi. The door placard on your van says 39psi front, 48 psi rear. How much would you inflate them? If you're inflating them less than 65 psi, say you do 40-50, how much load carrying are you losing? .....

surfer6900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

I've acquired 4x CLK 16 ET37 & 2 x CLK 16 ET33.
Should I just bolt on all the same ET or is there an advantage of mixing different ET for front & back ?
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

I suppose some could perceive an advantage.

With all 37et we are limited to approximately 205 width tires in the front if wanting to run without spacers.

With 37et a 225 width tire will definitely rub on the inside of the tire in the front w/out a spacer, and depending on the size of the spacer we can be pushed into needing longer lug bolts and longer studs pressed into the rear hubs.

So for someone who wants a little wider tire without paying any extra I guess there's that.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
beach_creature
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

I have 215/70 on my clk et37. No rubbing. No spacers. 84 year.
vtmtber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Here's a set if anyone is looking.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/wto/d/alexandria-mercedes-5x112-rims/6945062020.html

Ken
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

I bought two more locally for $80. Perfect because I picked up like two silvers a year ago for $75.

So far a silver set for $155 and a black set for $200. I don't know which set I'll end up using right now. I'll make that decision after I tint the windows.
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

I'm on the lookout for a single wheel as my spare should anyone find anything. Keep this thread going!
vik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Got mine on the car. It looks much better than the 15¨ rims with oversize tires previous owner put on the car.
Not sure why, but on the picture the color looks different (it is graphite gray) but still I'm not sure if I should stay with silver
Tires are Nokian Rotiiva A/T 215/70 R16 and finally I can fully open the rear door as the car had something like 235/75 R15 from previous owner

mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Those look awesome, vik- I would 100% leave the rims graphite gray, I really like it. If you're talking about the lugs being silver, I'd make them match.

Not sure about shipping to the emerald isle, but T3 makes some really nice caps for the hubs.
vik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
Those look awesome, vik- I would 100% leave the rims graphite gray, I really like it. If you're talking about the lugs being silver, I'd make them match.

Not sure about shipping to the emerald isle, but T3 makes some really nice caps for the hubs.

Thank you Mike,
I know about them, but they were out of stock last time I was looking. Have to solve the engine rebuild now, than ¨bling¨.
kiltedhiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

I am looking for a set of CLK's if you hear or know of any for sale. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Jump to:
Page 56 of 66

Jump to: