Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I can sure use some suggestions on Over sized wheels and tires.
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hockeypuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: I can sure use some suggestions on Over sized wheels and tires. Reply with quote

I have a 1971 VW Bug slightly lowered. With 15" rims. The front fenders 3" wider rear 4.5" wider. I have 4 bolt stock rims widened. Front is 8" with 4.5" back space. Rear 10" with 5" back space. I would like some suggestions on tire sizes that would fill the whole rim. Slightly low profile. I want to be able to navigate a drive way from the street without leaving engine parts on the ground in the process. Second part of my question who sells these large size tires. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: I can sure use some suggestions on Over sized wheels and tires. Reply with quote

We engineered our wheel/tire/stance VW setup by measuring/calculating and trial & error ourselves.
I buy good used pairs of tires Cheap to determine how big I can run with no rubbing/dragging.
I'm on 5.5" wide 2.0 liter Fuchs w/used Firestone 185X60 & Michelin 205X70 on my square now.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I can sure use some suggestions on Over sized wheels and tires. Reply with quote

https://www.budnik.com/helpful-tire-info

Do a google search on rim width vs tire size...I found plenty of charts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: I can sure use some suggestions on Over sized wheels and tires. Reply with quote

Maybe 295/50-15 for the rear and 225/60-15 for the front. Just a ball park. Or some 50's series in the front. Depends on the look you want.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
john7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: I can sure use some suggestions on Over sized wheels and tires. Reply with quote

i wouldnt go any narrower than a 235 on the 8" wheel, they start to look stretched. i run a 245/60-15 on my 8" front wheels. about 26" tall & about 9" tread width. about 9 1/2 sidewall buldge
i run 275/60-15 on my 10" wheels 28" tall. mine are on a non VW and i want the height.
the 295/50-15 fit perfect on a 10" wheel and are about 26 1/2" tall and about 11" tread width & abot 11 3/4 sidewall bulge

Slot Mag King!
I accept Paypal, CASH, GOLD, SILVER, COINS, GUNS & money orders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: