Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus collection for sale on Kijiji?
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
0nebadbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else here but thought I would pass it along in case it hasn't yet... A long time friend of mine that is working in Canada stumbled across this & just sent it to me...

Sounds like there is 55 Busses in total? .. ... 55 uniits for $350k = $6.3k per bus? seems a bit on the steep side... Shame there isn't a few more pics & some more detailed information about them...

And a $500 surcharge just to look at them? Sheesh!!!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-parts-tires/markham-y...nFlag=true
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

Here’s another mention of it...
http://www.thedrive.com/news/26534/this-volkswagen...for-350000

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

Quote:
ALL IN GOOD RESTORABLE CONDITION
COMPLETE ORIGINAL
$350K US DOLLARS FIRM - MUST BUY AND REMOVE ALL OF THEM
$500 CASH TO VIEW THEM
WILL NOT RESPOND TO FLAKES WITH NO MONEY
IF YOUR FLYING IN FROM OVERSEAS PLEASE BE PREPARED TO STAY IN HOTEL UNTIL FUNDS CLEAR MY BANK IN ORDER TO RELEASE THE VEHICLES FOR SHIPPING

All restorable but from the Toronto area?

I call Bullshit if they are from there.

$6K each is too much unless they are ALL Split Buses... and in ok shape.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

The pics i saw showed more bay windows than splits. They all looked kind of roached. Sitting in a field they are probably rusting from the bottom up. $500 fee just to view.
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

The $500 viewing fee shows they're not serious about selling, just want to waste people's time being a professional POS. Typical hoarder mentality.

Dealt with this type before, no sympathy from me. Eventually the scrapper will come by and he'll get $500 for the lot - probably after he's dead. Laughing

edit: and they're selling American muscle car parts - another warning sign. That is the very worst sort of old car parts seller to deal with. Laughing
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

Looks like rustosis has taken several of these and 500 just to see them. Forgetabout it.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

I have had 3 people email me about these Buses, funny thing is, the ad says there are 55 Westys, but the pics show a good amont are just plain Bay Buses.
You can bet the seller has had people begging them to sell one in the past, which just ads to the sellers mind set that they are GOLD !! Rolling Eyes
Like others have said, they are probably pretty RUSTY........

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

$500 just to look at them? Wow. Reminds me of a time when I was contemplating buying an advertising business from a woman. She wanted me to give her a non refundable $500 to be considered a possible buyer. Ummm, no. People. My buddy says "the more I get to know people the more I like my dog".
0nebadbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
edit: and they're selling American muscle car parts - another warning sign. That is the very worst sort of old car parts seller to deal with. Laughing

Yeah I noticed that too, and when I looked at some of his other ads... Another thing I saw for his other VW parts the pictures in them all had Samba Classified logos in them as well... Shocked

But yeah, definitely a hoarder mentality... $500 entrance fee, $6k+ avg per vehicle for a yard full of rotting into the ground POS's that I'm sure if anyone were to make a trek and actually enter the story of everything will be "well I'm fixing them all" Rolling Eyes
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

0nebadbug wrote:

But yeah, definitely a hoarder mentality... $500 entrance fee, $6k+ avg per vehicle for a yard full of rotting into the ground POS's that I'm sure if anyone were to make a trek and actually enter the story of everything will be "well I'm fixing them all" Rolling Eyes

Hahaha. And then perennial story about how much they're going to be worth restored, when he's done with them. Laughing
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

Mr. Bungle did some investigation work a few days ago. Here's what the super-sleuth found:

if we search google for those images they come up from 3 different places...the overhead is from a place on the island (https://earthspiritvw.wixsite.com/crankcrankvrooom), the pic of the 2 splits & a bay is from an add on thesamba.com (https://www.thesamba.com/vw//classifieds/detail.php?id=964545) and the pic of the 2 rows of bays is all over pinterest...

a little later:

so we do a little digging...the seller has 24 listings on kijiji and 1 add is of a bay window middle seat...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1029455362

the pics of the bay window middle seat have "thesamba.com" watermark on them like when you place an add on that site. so we go to thesamba.com and search the bay window parts section for "middle seat" and we find this...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2184385

the seats look different. the one in the kijiji add is cleaner, has painted legs & has seat belts. but the white stuffing underneath the left side of both seats is very similar. i think they may be the same seats.
also if we look at thesamba.com sellers other adds we see an add for 4 westys...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2085516

and in the background of one of the pics there we see a red sonoma like the one in one of the kijiji adds, and in that kijiji add we see an orange westy with another yellow-ish westy behind it...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/7521682.jpg

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1367027026

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/7521680.jpg

even though it looks like some vehicles have been moved around a bit, they all look like the same vehicles.
plus, the grammar/spelling/text in the adds is very similar.

so, i think this is the same guy/seller. rob (ROCKET), hopefully his health issues aren't too serious, he's been a member on thesamba.com for almost 13 years, he's got 24 adds on kijiji and he's got westy's and vw stuff. and i think we can all agree that he'll never get anywhere remotely close to 350k for 55 westy's. and the chances of him getting anyone to pay $500 for a viewing are slim to none, and slim just got banned from the asf...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

Great detective work!
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

I only see $100K value at most there, and only if your willing to transport, store, and wait our 4-5yrs of slow selling...

if your lucky, all said and done, you may make $20-25K over that time period...

now, someone just has to talk some sense into the seller.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

It's gonna cost you $25K just to move them all.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

Is that $CDN? Laughing
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

0nebadbug wrote:

But yeah, definitely a hoarder mentality... $500 entrance fee...

The entrance fee definitely weeds out the bullshitters, tourists, & dreamers though.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2259100

In terms of wanting to buy an entire collection of VW's, this strikes me initially as a much better deal.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus collection for sale on Kijiji? Reply with quote

That’s a much better deal. You could escape the frozen north, have a turn key shop, sell off all the cars & rent out the shop when you get tired of it all.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: