Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
1963 15 Window resurrection
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

djfordmanjack wrote:
Applause Applause Applause

😁
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist


Joined: June 10, 2004
Posts: 12941
Location: Arizona
wcfvw69 is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

djfordmanjack wrote:
Applause Applause Applause


X2
_________________
[email protected]
Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.


**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**

**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**



1970 Westfalia Bus
1969 Convertible Bug
1967 Standard Bug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Got the drivers side brakes together:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I got the shocks out and noticed one pair was Japanese and the other pair was made in Mexico. After closer inspection, they were all made in Mexico. Maybe just the boxes were made in Japan:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Installed the shocks, torqued the spring plate bolts, put the back wheels on and set the rear on the floor:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I took the rotisserie off of the front end and put a wheel up for effect.
Parts table:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Work bench:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I guess I will start on the front end now 😁
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
edgood1
Samba Member


Joined: September 30, 2004
Posts: 1920
Location: Plymouth, MA
edgood1 is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

you are a man on a mission. exciting stuff. there's no stopping you!
_________________
1987 Syncro Westfalia powered by Subaru
1963 Panel to Deluxe Bus project :::: (photo album)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

edgood1 wrote:
you are a man on a mission. exciting stuff. there's no stopping you!

I’m definitely feeling good about the progress. I hope I can get the front wheels on this week. I believe I have all of the pieces ready, but we’ll see.
Thanks Eddie!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member


Joined: April 06, 2001
Posts: 10603

hazetguy is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Burlyhammer wrote:
Got the drivers side brakes together:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.



that upper spring isn't installed properly.
compare to your pic of the other side:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
Parts and mechanical restoration services available. I restore and rebuild fuel pumps, distributors, spindles, etc.
Check my ads or send a PM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
Burlyhammer wrote:
Got the drivers side brakes together:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.



that upper spring isn't installed properly.
compare to your pic of the other side:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I definitely did not change that before I put the drum back on. I will get it fixed.
I am glad you saw that Hazetguy. Much appreciated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BusJunky
Samba Member


Joined: February 27, 2009
Posts: 567
Location: Norwalk, ohio
BusJunky is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

It looks awesome on those meaty tires 😎
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
Leroux's Autowerks “like us on fb”
https://m.facebook.com/Lerouxs-Autowerks-942149562555768/?ref=bookmarks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

BusJunky wrote:
It looks awesome on those meaty tires 😎
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My son picked them out. We had a lot of discussions about these. He wanted to go bigger.
Thanks Dave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member


Joined: April 27, 2002
Posts: 20750
Location: Escondido CA
notchboy is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Bigger is better. Cool They look sweet.
_________________
t3kg wrote:

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1974 Westfalia Hardtop Campmobile
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Bigger is better. Cool They look sweet.

We’ve been waiting for a while to put them on the bus. I can’t wait to get them out on the road!
Thanks notchboy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: November 01, 2004
Posts: 12492
Location: Casa de Oro, California
BarryL is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

It almost looks like a dealer brochure color picture.

Burlyhammer wrote:
hazetguy wrote:
Burlyhammer wrote:
Got the drivers side brakes together:

that upper spring isn't installed properly.
compare to your pic of the other side:

I definitely did not change that before I put the drum back on. I will get it fixed.
I am glad you saw that Hazetguy. Much appreciated.

Then you guys need to reach in there and grab the ebrake release spring and lift it onto that little hook on the bearing house on both sides.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
It almost looks like a dealer brochure color picture.

Burlyhammer wrote:
hazetguy wrote:
Burlyhammer wrote:
Got the drivers side brakes together:

that upper spring isn't installed properly.
compare to your pic of the other side:

I definitely did not change that before I put the drum back on. I will get it fixed.
I am glad you saw that Hazetguy. Much appreciated.

Then you guys need to reach in there and grab the ebrake release spring and lift it onto that little hook on the bearing house on both sides.

Does it set on the hook? I was thinking it went behind the hook, and under the tab attached to the backing plate. I will move them both.
Thanks BarryL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Burlyhammer wrote:
BarryL wrote:
It almost looks like a dealer brochure color picture.

Burlyhammer wrote:
hazetguy wrote:
Burlyhammer wrote:
Got the drivers side brakes together:

that upper spring isn't installed properly.
compare to your pic of the other side:

I definitely did not change that before I put the drum back on. I will get it fixed.
I am glad you saw that Hazetguy. Much appreciated.

Then you guys need to reach in there and grab the ebrake release spring and lift it onto that little hook on the bearing house on both sides.

Does it set on the hook? I was thinking it went behind the hook, and under the tab attached to the backing plate. I will move them both.
Thanks BarryL

In front of the hook. Got it. Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slave1pilot
Samba Member


Joined: February 22, 2010
Posts: 839
Location: Tehachapi CA
slave1pilot is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

from another thread
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


congrats on getting this far Burlyhammer. It must be exciting to get it off of the rotisserie
While I am not a bus guy, I appreciate the amount of work you've put into this build.
You have inspired me to do my own Bug body repairs
I was intimidated by what I felt was a lot of rust, but it's nothing compared to your resurrection.
Thanks
_________________
My Photobucket for my Herbie Project - http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/TK-439/library/Herbie?sort=3&page=1

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OG Velvet
Samba Family Man


Joined: February 24, 2003
Posts: 2142
Location: Portland, OR
OG Velvet is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Burlyhammer wrote:
sgellis wrote:
Exciting times. Amazing transformation!

Totally! My parts pile is starting to shrink.
Thanks Stan.


I love that feeling. I moved three times while my bus was totally disassembled. It's so great to have all of those parts where they belong!
_________________
'67 13 Window
'77 Westy
'64 Chrysler Newport
'65 Honda Dream
'19 Tiguan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schwing
Samba Member


Joined: May 10, 2009
Posts: 2478
Location: Centreville, MD
Schwing is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Wow what an inspiring build! How have I missed this one???
Your craftsmanship and will to keep pushing forward is admirable. I know what its like to lose steam and motivate yourself to keep going. I hope you are considering Flanders this year, as that is the goal for my project as well! Keep the updates coming, just an over-the-top build.
_________________
Shadetree Westy
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=657279&highlight=

Single Cab - lets finish this thing!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member


Joined: March 04, 2016
Posts: 334
Location: Maine
type2rescuemaine is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

Schwing wrote:
I hope you are considering Flanders this year, as that is the goal for my project as well!


Yep, we will be driving the bus down and hopefully camping both nights!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schwing
Samba Member


Joined: May 10, 2009
Posts: 2478
Location: Centreville, MD
Schwing is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

type2rescuemaine wrote:
Schwing wrote:
I hope you are considering Flanders this year, as that is the goal for my project as well!


Yep, we will be driving the bus down and hopefully camping both nights!


Thats great look forward to meeting you both! I too am camping both nights.
_________________
Shadetree Westy
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=657279&highlight=

Single Cab - lets finish this thing!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burlyhammer
Samba Member


Joined: March 07, 2002
Posts: 1493
Location: Great north woods Maine
Burlyhammer is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 15 Window resurrection Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
from another thread
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


congrats on getting this far Burlyhammer. It must be exciting to get it off of the rotisserie
While I am not a bus guy, I appreciate the amount of work you've put into this build.
You have inspired me to do my own Bug body repairs
I was intimidated by what I felt was a lot of rust, but it's nothing compared to your resurrection.
Thanks

Fixed them! Thanks all for looking out!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Page 67 of 84

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB