Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hi, thanks but I think we're talking about two different things.

I went to Luis's website and he's selling floor mats with built in sound absorption.

There are lots of carpet kits out there but if I'm purchasing these repro mats I wouldn't need a full set. I'm just wondering what's the best option for fitting the rest of the carpet. I've seen some thin carpet sets and of course the good quality stuff is pricey.
noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Here's my satin blue mat cleaned up a bit. It's still shiny where the carpet was sewn on, and darkens up when wet.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Inchpincher61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Luis, I am very sorry about your loss...my condolence to you and your family.

I am definitely going to order a set of your floor mats but I am not sure about the color.

Could you post a picture for the comparison between Gray Black and the Black Lowlight mats?

Thanks in advance
Rob
Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Well, I just put my money where my mouth is and placed an order. It's wonderful to see aftermarket parts made with quality and passion for perfection. Amazing!
Henrik_v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

I've also placed my order now. Should beige become available I'm ready to update the order, going for original where possible Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Exnermobiles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Placed an order for a set of Malachite Green mats for my '62 Pacific Blue coupe.

I have also sent one of the original Malachite mats for Luis to match the correct color:

They will look just terrific on the turquoise carpeting!
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

SUNDAY UP-DATE!

Dear Karmann Ghia friends,

It had been few weeks since my last post. It has been slower that I expected to recover from my Dad's passing out. Also, in the last couple of months the weather didn't help to do production, most of the days were below 0 degrees Celsius.

But I have good news: yesterday I finished the molds and I made the first set of 60's mats!

As you can see, the set includes the rubber mat that attaches to the carpet in the pedal area! So instead of 4, you will be getting 5 color matching mats!
Also I left the original Logo and marks!

This set is Satin Blue, using a sample mat from noexit, thank you!

I also ordered a Malachita Green test paint, thanks to the sample from Exnermobiles, thank you too!

So far there are only 26 orders, less than the 33 people committed to.

There are 8 color included in these orders, from the 16 options:

I need to validate two colors: LAVA and GOLD mats.

I thought LAVA was in the red family, but someone mentioned it is in the gray family. I guess we can think "hot" or "cold" lava!

I hope we can clarify this soon, an original sample will be great! Or pictures will also help.

Now that I made the first set, I expect to get the orders people committed to, in order to get the supplies needed for production.

Another good news is that I finished producing the first 15 sets of the SOUND ABSORBER UNDER-MATS for the Low Light customers!
They look great and fit like a glove!

For the Low Light customers the sets included 8 pieces. For the 60's Mats I am offering a 4 pieces set! They are made with a thick 6mm compacted rubber mats, with a top tar-board, reinforced with fiber glass particles. The result is ORIGINAL LOOKS and GREAT sound deadening properties!

The Store Price for the 4 pieces Sound Absorbers set is $329, the Discounted Price is $299.

I just up-load the NEW 5 pieces Rubber Mats set in the www.60sKGmats.com web page!

The Store Price for the 5 pieces Rubber Mats set is $488, the Discounted Price is $439.

There are Two BUNDLES available:

The BUNDLE price for the 4 pieces Rubber Mats set PLUS the 4 pieces Sound Absorber Sets is $669. Applying the Founder Member Coupon Code it goes down to $592!

The BUNDLE price for the 5 pieces Rubber Mats set PLUS the 4 pieces Sound Absorber Sets is $712. Applying the Founder Member Coupon Code it goes down to $630!

As a Special Founder Member Deal, for the 26 orders placed, if you add the 4 pieces Sound Absorbers set to your order, I will upgrade your Rubber Mat set to include the fifth Mat FREE!

So you will get the $712 nine pieces bundle for $592!

(The 4 pieces Rubber Mat set was $394, applying the Founder Member Discount it went down to $348.69, the difference from $592 is $243.31)
I'll charge you $243.31 for the 4 pieces Sound Absorber Set, plus additional shipping for the extra weight. You will also get the Extra Rubber Mat for FREE.

Please send me a Private Message, or an email,to get your Special Deal! I will send you the total charge and instructions to apply the deal.

And, if you have not ordered yet, I'll extend this offer for new orders in the next 5 days! Become a member trough the webpage for this deal!

Luis
[email protected]

Last edited by lajs57 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

They look fantastic Luis.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
Caddy_KC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Ok, I am confused on what color I should be ordering. According to the color chart, there were only two mat colors for the year of my car (1969) - Lava and Brown. Luis is stating that Lava is more of a rust color. I still have the original mats that came in my car and they are definitely in the gray color family, not red. So either lava is really gray or the color chart is not correct. What would be the correct gray color I should order if it isn't lava? My car was originally painted chrome blue, its now white. I still have the original carpet, which is a charcoal color.

Chad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Caddy_KC wrote:
Ok, I am confused on what color I should be ordering. According to the color chart, there were only two mat colors for the year of my car (1969) - Lava and Brown. Luis is stating that Lava is more of a rust color. I still have the original mats that came in my car and they are definitely in the gray color family, not red. So either lava is really gray or the color chart is not correct. What would be the correct gray color I should order if it isn't lava? My car was originally painted chrome blue, its now white. I still have the original carpet, which is a charcoal color.

Chad

I just got a Private Message that confirms what you ere exposing, that LAVA is part of the GRAY FAMILY.

Chad, hank you for your input!

I will upgrade the website.

Would it be possible to get a sample from one of you?

Luis
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

BUNDLE DEAL

Today I got a couple mails asking HOW to get the Bundle Deal!

It took me few hours to figure out a SIMPLE WAY to get the DEAL, please follow this steps:

1. Go to the store www.60skgmats.com and order the FM-Bundle (for Founder Member Bundle) option from the Products in the Store
2. Apply the SPECIAL COUPON you will receive in an email. The Price will go from $299 to $243.31
3. The website will calculate shipping in a way that it will be ONLY a complement charge to upgrade the original shipping charge.*

*The package weight of the rubber mats is 8 Pounds. The Sound Absorbers weight is 24 pounds. The accumulated shipping weight will be 32 pounds. You will pay the shipping charge of ONE 32 pounds package, that is less than the two individual packages.

You should receive your COUPON in the next hour, please let me know if you have any question!

Luis
csc23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Wow! They really look great Luis. I do have one question though. I apologize if this was already covered, I did read through the thread a couple of times but did not find the answer. I have already placed my order for the set of 4 mats luckily the original sound absorbers in my car are in great shape. Can the 5th mat be added without purchasing the sound absorbers? And if so what is the cost? Thank you Luis for your dedication and hard work. I think what you have accomplished is pretty remarkable. Cory

*This question may not apply to me after all. My car is a 66, and my headlight dimmer is on the turn signal. I’m assuming that one hole on the 5th mat is for the brake pushrod and the other is for the dimmer? Could it be made without hole for dimmer? Thanks again. I will leave this posted just in case someone wanted to know the same thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

csc23 wrote:
Wow! They really look great Luis. I do have one question though. I apologize if this was already covered, I did read through the thread a couple of times but did not find the answer. I have already placed my order for the set of 4 mats luckily the original sound absorbers in my car are in great shape. Can the 5th mat be added without purchasing the sound absorbers? And if so what is the cost? Thank you Luis for your dedication and hard work. I think what you have accomplished is pretty remarkable. Cory

*This question may not apply to me after all. My car is a 66, and my headlight dimmer is on the turn signal. I’m assuming that one hole on the 5th mat is for the brake pushrod and the other is for the dimmer? Could it be made without hole for dimmer? Thanks again. I will leave this posted just in case someone wanted to know the same thing.

Hi Cory,

Good question! I will add the Pedal Mat as an option. Let me work on it and I will let you know when the website Store is ready. I will have the option without the dimmer's hole!

Luis
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

FRONT PEDAL MAT

For the Founder Members that ordered the 4 pieces sets, if you want to add the Front Pedal Mat without getting the Bundle Deal, here is the way to do it:

Go to my PayPal account: [email protected] to pay the difference between the 5 pieces set and the 4 pieces set (applying the FM Coupon) that is: $39.82.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Luis
csc23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Luis, thank you for the quick response and easy solution. Will do. Still hoping that a original “lava” mat pops up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
Caddy_KC wrote:

Chad

I just got a Private Message that confirms what you ere exposing, that LAVA is part of the GRAY FAMILY.

Chad, hank you for your input!

I will upgrade the website.

Would it be possible to get a sample from one of you?

Luis

From the first page of this thread ...
GHIA wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation for the 1960 floor mat passenger

Here is pics colors floor mat. I put color matches, for the floor mats according to the vehicle colors or upholstery but it must be confirmed by the other members

1966 sea blue- lava

That photo would seem to validate that the gray mats in my 1967 Karmann Ghia Coupe are likely the originals as according to the floor mat color charts earlier in this thread they are also supposed to be the Lava color.

I'm curious, is there any indication on the mat itself as to what color it is?
Is there perhaps a suffix letter at the end of part number molded into the mat , or maybe even a seperate color code number molded in elsewhere?

Although my mats are not in the best of shape and show every bit of their 50+ years of age, I would be happy to lend out one of them for color matching if that can be of any help to Luis.
Inchpincher61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Inchpincher61 wrote:

Could you post a picture for the comparison between Gray Black and the Black Lowlight mats?

Thanks in advance
Rob

Luis do you have a color sample of the Gray Black / Rock Gray mats?

Thanks in advance
TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
FRONT PEDAL MAT

For the Founder Members that ordered the 4 pieces sets, if you want to add the Front Pedal Mat without getting the Bundle Deal, here is the way to do it:

Go to my PayPal account: [email protected] to pay the difference between the 5 pieces set and the 4 pieces set (applying the FM Coupon) that is: $39.82.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Luis

Hi Luis,

I just sent you the 39,82$ for my 60 Ghia, name Antoine P.

Thanks for everything!

Antoine
My 914 restoration&lightweight project :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9698432#9698432
Resurrecting a 60 ghia : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=713906
My 52 Standard Zwitter :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10086685#10086685
Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Quick request for anyone reading this who has easy access to their Ghia today.

I'm about to weld my old mat tabs to the new pan (1964) and would like to confirm my measurements. I don't trust myself because the new pan came with bumps that don't match my measurements. Shocked

I wrote down the the inner tab is 11.5 centimeters from the tunnel and the outer tab is 47.5 centimeters away. Is that right?

Thanks all! Looking forward to getting my mats and getting on the road in maybe two years if I'm lucky. Laughing
68kmgvert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

I was working with Scott D. of KGPR for the past decade plus to get some of these mats made. I sent him my pristine front mats about 12 years ago so that he would have a clean set to get molds made from. He promised to return my originals and provide me with a new set. Not only has he not got thi going, he has never returned my originals. I love KGPR and probably would not have kept my ‘69 Vert for the last 28 + years without their help.
That being said I would be happy to order a new set of Lava mats for my ‘68. I do have the rears in pristine condition only need the fronts if that’s a possibility.
Thank you!
2011 Touareg TDI
2013 Golf TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: