Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

albertmirror - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: albertmirror
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Ragtop Reply with quote

Did a Swap with cash deal with Albert. Parts arrived as advertised ,quick phone reply as well as E mail follow up.
Deal with Albert and come away happy .
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldair57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: t handle Reply with quote

Just as described, great packaging, fast super seller!
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a beautiful re-chromed front hood handle from Al. It was nicer that expected and it arrived quickly. Looking forward to dealing with him again!
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr Handyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: A+ seller! Reply with quote

Did a transaction with Al, Perfect communication, via phone and email, said what he was gonna do, worked with me, and got my part super quick! Well package, and tracking! Would definitely buy again from Al!

A+

Thanks again Al!
Zelko Jurkovic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: albertmirror - [email protected] - Albert Silvas Reply with quote

I have just received my stainless steel handles placed with 'albertmirror' today. The handles were packaged very well, as stated on the Samba add. The handles in the end were even better than described a perfect addition to be Custom VW. A highly recommended seller to all interested in purchasing - very quick and professional.
carnut63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great seller, easy transaction

---> Mar 2 1955 Strato Silver Oval <---
---> July 1957 ragtop project <---
---> May 5 1966 Ghia <---
---> 1962 Ruby Red Deluxe (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
54ovsemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

Used Albert for chrome work on my 1955 Oval parts....hood handle, deck lid t handle and spring, vent window frames, ice pics, speedo bezel, ribbed door handles ans some other items. Excellent service and work was perfect....I highly recommend Albert!!
1955 Semaphore Oval
glenndogg316
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

Received my restored satin finish jack today and was blown away on how perfect it was!!! great job Al Silvas!!! great communication and quick shipping!!! A+++. I highly recommend, and look forward to do business again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
59fjord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought an ignition switch from Al. Great communication, fast shipping, and the part was in great condition and very nice. Great seller, thanks Al.
jlarrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased an oil filler from Al. I received it really fast. Perfect condition and great communication.

Thank you very much Al.
Jose
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a nos rear view mirror from Albert. Arrived in the UK less than a week later. Item as described and packaged well. Pleasure to deal with.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

... Al had a W Decklid for sale,,, I offered full price and agreed to the shipping terms... his ad stated he would accept a postal money order or bank check... he asked if I had paypal and I advised I was retired, like him and that old guys are old school - that I had no paypal... with that, he sent the following email...
I am sorry, but I got three guys here local who want to buy tonight and pay cash, so I am going to have to pass on your offer.

Thanks and sorry

Al
... is polite, but not willing to help a brother - i'll place him on my ignore list.
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
albertmirror
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hey Bernard,
Your account was right on except you forgot a few import points. First and foremost, you accepted the offer, but I did not. I gave you shipping quotes and you agreed. But when I asked about PayPal, and you stated you did not have. I decided to consider other offers that were coming in fast and furious. The ad was only one hour old and yes, I decided to go with a local cash offer. If I had agreed to accept your offer and then changed my mind, you would have a valid complaint, but thats not what happened. You seem pretty savvy maneuvering through the Samba, PayPal is very easy to set up and is much more convenient. Again, I am sorry you felt short changed, it was not personal, based on member comments about you, you seem to be a very nice man. Regards, Al
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

albertmirror wrote:
Hey Bernard,
Your account was right on except you forgot a few import points. First and foremost, you accepted the offer, but I did not. I gave you shipping quotes and you agreed. But when I asked about PayPal, and you stated you did not have. I decided to consider other offers that were coming in fast and furious. The ad was only one hour old and yes, I decided to go with a local cash offer. If I had agreed to accept your offer and then changed my mind, you would have a valid complaint, but thats not what happened. You seem pretty savvy maneuvering through the Samba, PayPal is very easy to set up and is much more convenient. Again, I am sorry you felt short changed, it was not personal, based on member comments about you, you seem to be a very nice man. Regards, Al

There are three elements of a contract: 1) offer; 2) acceptance; and 3) consideration. All three elements were satisfied.
    Both you and the buyer agree three forms of payment were acceptable (bank draft, Postal Money Order, and Paypal). Apparently, cash was also an acceptable option.
    You took the time to work up a shipping quote for the buyer. At this point in a contract, you have clearly accepted the buyer's offer for the item. Discussion of payment is part of the terms of the contract and is separate from the above three elements.

It is not unreasonable to take a list of names of potential buyers in the event demand for the item is as you described. It can be argued that it is both ethical and good business practice to have followed through with ZENVWDRIVER and allowed a reasonable amount of time for him to procure a payment instrument and mail it to you. Had he failed to do so by that time frame, it would then be reasonable for you to contact the list of potential buyers you stated were also interested.

Buying and selling over the Internet can be frustrating; however, a seller should be willing to accommodate a potential buyer's request when the buyer is clearly abiding by the options presented by the seller. Conversely, buyers should make every effort to follow through with their intentions.

One closing note. If a seller is unwilling to wait for payment, then the terms of payment should be disclosed in the ad ( i.e. Stating you'll ship an item only with items paid via Paypal.); otherwise, the ad implies the seller accepts all forms of payment regardless of the buyer's location.
reicholzheimer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a very nice VW from Al and the transaction was excellent. The car was exactly as advertised. Shipping to the east coast went well. Al is very trustworthy and honest.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

Awesome member to deal with! Responded quickly, fair prices, and fast shipping. I definitely wouldn’t hesitate to deal with this member.
carloscaq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

Excellent communication and awsome guy to deal with, Thank you Al the hub cap are amazing!!!
SAMBA VAN MAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have received my jack here in the U.K. and it looks great. Top work by Al great communication. I would highly recommend him.
voredn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought several chrome parts from Al and they were show quality, better than expected. Great communication and was willing to work with me on pricing and shipping. Super cool guy to work with. Fast shipping and everything was well packed. I'll definitely do business with Al again. Thanks Al!
David Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: albertmirror - [email protected] Reply with quote

Al is the real deal!!! I sent him a junked up sunroof mechanism and got back near NOS. All new stainless! Chromed Golde handle! New slider pieces! Fully polished and ready to install with all new hardware. Everything powder coated. I really am just astonished. EXCELLENT HONEST COMMUNICATION!!! The turnaround time was silly too!!! I mean who turns trash to treasure in 3 weeks return? This is an experienced VW historian. Friendly chat too. Thanks Al. I’ll be sending other stuff!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: