Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

RAL color for Azure Blue
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: RAL color for Azure Blue Reply with quote

Can someone suggest the closest RAL color for the wheel centers on an Azure blue split beetle?

Finding a current paint formula seems impossible to find in the states, but maybe an RAL color is a start.

Also, is it the opinion of everyone that the inner wheel color of an azure blue car matches the brake, shifter, steering column, steering wheel?

Or does it match the seat frame which is apparently NOT the same color as the brake, shifter, steering column, steering wheel ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bakersam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: RAL color for Azure Blue Reply with quote

It seems way too much to expect the factory's trying to individually color coordinate the items you listed on each and every economy class car rolling down the assembly line. Economies of scale would dictate that shifters, handles, tubes, steering wheels etc. would be of a standardized color (or two perhaps) when delivered by the parts vendors.

Have you looked at the Technical information on the website? You may find VW color codes there which you can take to a paint dealer and try to match up. Paintscrach.com may be another source to investigate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: RAL color for Azure Blue Reply with quote

My 51 azure has matching seat frames/shifter/ebrake/column. The inner wheel color does NOT match the interior items. Light beige is the wheel color, sorry I don’t have the RAL.
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: RAL color for Azure Blue Reply with quote

sled wrote:
My 51 azure has matching seat frames/shifter/ebrake/column. The inner wheel color does NOT match the interior items. Light beige is the wheel color, sorry I don’t have the RAL.

Thanks Sled.

How original is your 51 would you say? It looks like the wheels are pretty shiny Smile I also see a brown dome light?

Got any pictures of the seat frames?

What do you think the color of the interior pieces is versus the Light beige inner wheels? More of a gray or a brown?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: RAL color for Azure Blue Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
sled wrote:

Thanks Sled.

How original is your 51 would you say? It looks like the wheels are pretty shiny Smile I also see a brown dome light?

Got any pictures of the seat frames?

What do you think the color of the interior pieces is versus the Light beige inner wheels? More of a gray or a brown?

the dome light is original with paint that has flaked off (its white behind the lens)

I can take some detailed photos of the seats and interior items if you'd like.
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: RAL color for Azure Blue Reply with quote

sled wrote:

I can take some detailed photos of the seats and interior items if you'd like.

Thanks, that would be great.

Are the wheels repainted?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: