Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Windows tinted today
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Windows tinted today Reply with quote

Got the windows tinted today....I did take out the regular sliding windows so that they could tint them all the way down BUT I could not figure out how to get the rear sliders out (after market and no luck with any how to's etc). I am going to try and figure out a way to take the slider out and get them redone in the next few weeks. All in all, happy with it....hopefully will keep the heat down and some thieves from looking in the van.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows tinted today Reply with quote

4mymalamute wrote:
Got the windows tinted today

Nice looking Syncro, nice looking tint.
And your doggo will enjoy it come summer.
Absolutely no regrets on doing mine a few years ago
Can you post the percentages you had applied as reference for those considering tint?
Multiman mv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Windows tinted today Reply with quote

Nice looking tint job. I love my window tint. It really helps keep things cooler in summer and i like the added privacy. Nice looking rig!
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Windows tinted today Reply with quote

sanchius wrote:
4mymalamute wrote:
Got the windows tinted today

Nice looking Syncro, nice looking tint.
And your doggo will enjoy it come summer.
Absolutely no regrets on doing mine a few years ago
Can you post the percentages you had applied as reference for those considering tint?

The tint was 5% all around except front window driver and passenger was 35%. Happy with it indeed and my dogs are gonna love it......now, have to get the AC up and going before the summer heat hits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
llilibel03
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Windows tinted today Reply with quote

Nice van.

Do you have a link to a thread or video on how to take out the regular sliders? I have poorly tinted windows (rippled) that I would like to change but have not found a "how to" to get the windows out.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Windows tinted today Reply with quote

As much as I dislike dark tint, that's a good looking van!

I'm hoping to try the 3M crystalline tint that's nearly clear but blocks heat.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows tinted today Reply with quote

llilibel03 wrote:
Do you have a link to a thread or video on how to take out the regular sliders? I have poorly tinted windows (rippled) that I would like to change but have not found a "how to" to get the windows out.

Link

Link

llilibel03
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows tinted today Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
llilibel03 wrote:

Link

Link

Thanks, but how do you get the frame out? I think I saw that video when I was researching.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: