Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My new Walkthrough 57 bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

shortwing wrote:
Oops, more snarky rude shit.

That's the ONE thing you can always count on. <sigh>
Joe71885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

My family is used to frankenstein's though. My dad has a 65 fordillac, it's a 65 single cab truck with a 500 Cadillac engine, upgraded to 4 wheel drive and air conditioning
Joe71885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

So now that I know what it is, it wont make me feel bad to mix some things up with it. I forget who said but "barrel down the highway with a smile on my face" jahahahaha.
Joe71885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

I found some threads on it but I need to work on this! Looks likes it early years.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Normally a guy has to go to a Mecum auction to get such a special Bus.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

I think other than (upper) bodywork advice the bay window forum may be better suited for this bus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Lots of hackage in that package! Laughing

The shifter rod looks like a total “one of” and not a good one at that! You’ll need to figure out a fix for it. Other than that, it seems like a fair graft of a split body unto a phatchick chassis. Good luck with it! Cool
Bruce Jackson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

This question isn't intended to be rude or smartass, but, is there any chance you can get your money back? Doesn't seem like the seller was upfront with your wife and you were sold a bus that isn't "real". If it was false advertising you have a real case. I just hope you all didn't pay too much for it.
Drew Ogden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Who sold the bus to your wife? I am curious if it is someone known in the bus community.
TheRealOld59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Joe71885 wrote:
Sorry is t2b a type 2 baywindow?

t2b is the other name for Late Bay, 73-79 Bus
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

You might, depending on what was paid for this "57 Walkthrough bus" and if it was represented as "real", want to go through this thread and consider getting a lawyer.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=694683&highlight=mecum+fake+bus
Joe71885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

No nobody in the bus community, the guy didnt know much about any thing in the vw world. I still like it, a split body with a later chassis underneath kind of fits what I wanted all along. I didnt pay a ton because it was a "57 walkthrough". I just want to be able to drive it and have fun and enjoy it and am not worried about whether it's a true 57 or not. I am glad I got more of it figured out and will have fun finding and making it my own. I also wont feel as bad when I start to do some custom ideas I wanted to do but was hesitant because maybe it was a "true 57". I appreciate the concerns and everything but it runs and drives and already has a bunch of upgrades I was excited about and am still excited about. Time for an exciting adventure in the Frankenbus, anybody want to join me?
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Joe71885 wrote:
I am glad I got more of it figured out and will have fun finding and making it my own. I also wont feel as bad when I start to do some custom ideas I wanted to do but was hesitant because maybe it was a "true 57". I appreciate the concerns and everything but it runs and drives and already has a bunch of upgrades I was excited about and am still excited about. Time for an exciting adventure in the Frankenbus, anybody want to join me?

this is an awesome attitude, and something we need more of here on the samba!! lighten us up a little bit Laughing

that being said, pretty much everything you need to work on, is far more applicable to baywindow service and you'd most likely get better help in the baywindow forum. Ive been around split buses for MANY years but have never looked under a baywindow and have no idea what the hell is goin on with that front shifter Very Happy
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Joe71885 wrote:
No nobody in the bus community, the guy didnt know much about any thing in the vw world. I still like it, a split body with a later chassis underneath kind of fits what I wanted all along. I didnt pay a ton because it was a "57 walkthrough". I just want to be able to drive it and have fun and enjoy it and am not worried about whether it's a true 57 or not. I am glad I got more of it figured out and will have fun finding and making it my own. I also wont feel as bad when I start to do some custom ideas I wanted to do but was hesitant because maybe it was a "true 57". I appreciate the concerns and everything but it runs and drives and already has a bunch of upgrades I was excited about and am still excited about. Time for an exciting adventure in the Frankenbus, anybody want to join me?

Guess that's all that matters anyway, as long as you're looking to have some fun!! Very Happy Very Happy
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

sled wrote:
Joe71885 wrote:

this is an awesome attitude, and something we need more of here on the samba!! lighten us up a little bit Laughing

X2!
Joe71885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

It looks like this but without the rod being fixed to the metal plate. I cant remember where I found this at exactly (in the samba forums).
September 4, 2017

https://youtu.be/bd8V_YErVPQ

I just need to make sure I am putting the right bushing in.
Joe71885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Supposed to look like this.

https://youtu.be/qudW0xUcOpc
Joe71885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

If you guy dont know I will switch to bay, thanks for the help and the support.
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Any chance you could post a picture of the engine compartment? I'm curious what it looks like.
Joe71885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: My new Walkthrough 57 bus Reply with quote

Here are some I have at the m po mentioned I can take more.

That's my dad and I putting th started back on after putting in the new tranny.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: