Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Those purple turn indicators can't possibly pass German vehicle inspections, no?

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Team WorldTour wrote:
So, who would I theoretically talk to if I have a question about my lights. I bought them from Terrawagon so long ago...

It certainly wouldn't hurt to try contacting Terrawagen first.

Regarding the LEDs themselves, it was mentioned long ago in this thread that they are sourced from KCHilites (Cyclone model).
http://www.kchilites.com/light-type/led/cyclone.html
https://support.kchilites.com/hc/en-us
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Rumor is they're coming out with Gen 2 soon. Anyone know?
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

I contacted them a month or so ago regarding issues with one of my light lenses turning opaque. I was told a new version would be out soon, and to watch the samba for the announcement. I love the form and function of the lights, so I am looking forward to resolution with an upgraded version.

EDIT: I added photos and would like to know if anyone else has had this issue. I think that all my LEDs work, but will check that. I think its difficult to replace the LEDs, they are sealed as one unit with the housing, no?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by tarandusVDub on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Hmm excellent. Common sense would dictate they'd have a release in time for Christmas. Hope so!
stevence
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

While I run with Terrawagon Podz ON most all the time as a running light per product description, now both lights have multiple failed LEDs, 12 to be exact, no sealant or condensation issues, just failed lights, so what to do? What’s the warranty, has anyone had Terrawagon repair or replace these lights? How about GoWesty?
Selsk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

I dunno, I guess I'm a purist but LEDs on a vintage car bum me out. I bask in the warm glow of halogen. Twisted Evil

But I didn't remove the CD player the PO installed so I guess I'm not that much of a purist. Laughing
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

I would like to share your opinion, but personally I'm a 'Restomod' kind of guy. Kinda like the Chinook or the Blackhawks, the air frame is 50 years old, but it has all the newest and latest installed.
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Selsk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Fair enough, to each his own. But would you put LEDs on a 60's 911? Because this should be against the law.
Or is there a cut-off year to your madness? Laughing
Luckyphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

My Podz have been on the van for 18 months but only wired last 3 or 4 months. Now the left hand light has 3 blown Led's and the right one has severe condensation in the Led bulb area resulting in only 4 leds working. prior to wiring them up no problem. Wonder if Terrawagen will fix the issue as LED's should be good for 50k hours and the moisture is a production fault. Now that Gowesty sell them wonder if issue fixed.

Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Selsk wrote:
Fair enough, to each his own. But would you put LEDs on a 60's 911? Because this should be against the law.
Or is there a cut-off year to your madness? Laughing

Yes, there are limits to my madness.
If I had a '60's 911, it would get H4's, not LED's Twisted Evil
But it would be completely modernized in places where you couldn't see but it really mattered.
I might even go so far as to put a CD player in it! Laughing

Luckyphil wrote:
My Podz have been on the van for 18 months but only wired last 3 or 4 months. Now the left hand light has 3 blown Led's and the right one has severe condensation in the Led bulb area resulting in only 4 leds working. prior to wiring them up no problem. Wonder if Terrawagen will fix the issue as LED's should be good for 50k hours and the moisture is a production fault. Now that Gowesty sell them wonder if issue fixed.

GoWesty may sell them, but I doubt they build them too. No, I would like to believe that this is going straight to the R&D Dept. at TerraWagon, and they will be addressing this in the future iterations.

I hope I'm not stepping on toes here, but TerraWagon gave me the info to secure a new pair of LEDs, as opposed to sending them back for (repair/ replace). Seeing as I am on another continent, it would be cheaper to fix them myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tam_shops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Mine too. Suggestions for repair? Replacement? One of my lights is almost all burned out. The other is doing better, maybe 1/4 out...

The way it collects water in it, then fries itself, reminds me of a repair we did on my old Toyota. Water started to collect in on of the tail/brake lights, so the mechanic drilled a tiny drain hole in it so the water could come out. The car was slated for replacement at the end of the year so I didn't want to spend the several hundred bucks for a new light if I didn't have to...We replaced the car, but since it was worthless anyway, DH wound up keeping it, and that drilled hole lasted the life of the car...Too late for my Podz, but if anyone else has water in theirs, but they're not fried, yet, it might be worth a conversation with someone more aware/experienced than me!

tam

Luckyphil wrote:

Making it special:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545885
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Here's our take on the TerraPodz, which look great but don't really function optimally as real fog lights. So when we get them for our customers we make them into actually functioning bright fog lights. To now get a great looking upgrade, that also works optimally.

Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Hi Guys,
Here's our take on the TerraPodz, which look great but don't really function optimally as real fog lights. So when we get them for our customers we make them into actually functioning bright fog lights. To now get a great looking upgrade, that also works optimally.

You should give us a how to for those that have the original
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Hi Guys,

Can you expand on your VERY FIRST post here?
wit61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Nothing on the GW or Terrawagen sites. Are these units still in production ? Did a new generation ever get released ?

www.classicvelocity.com
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

wit61 wrote:
Nothing on the GW or Terrawagen sites. Are these units still in production ? Did a new generation ever get released ?

T3 Technique is selling glass lense versions with conventional bulbs that you can replace. Looks like a much better design (I own a set of Terrapods myself)
WestyBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

wit61 wrote:

Might want to ask Terrawagen but to the best of my knowledge they had several problems with the product and no longer make. The company owner seems to have gravitated into Sprinters now with some accessories still available to the vanagon.
WestyBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

Gruppe B wrote:
T3 Technique is selling glass lense versions with conventional bulbs that you can replace. Looks like a much better design (I own a set of Terrapods myself)

I haven't seen these on T3's site. Do you know where ?
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: TerraPodz: Vanagon Projektzwo auxiliary light repros Reply with quote

If your LEDs burn out, I've got the product number for replacement Hella lights....
(If there is interest, I can post it when I get home from holiday)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: