Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who has placed a hidden stereo system in their Oval
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer set up dubdawg....really clean i like it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DUBDAWG
Samba Member

Location: Middle of NOWHERE, then go 2miles south , 2nd house on right

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
can you post pics of the bottom of the bambus tray as well? I've been into vw's and car audio for a long time, your setup is very nice

On another note...
So what does wayne do to the amp to allow it to function on 6V? I'd like to do this, but do not want to run a sony amp...

Here is a pic of the bottom of my parcel tray, we did cover it with a baffle blanket and matching material (no pic of covering)
The tray or speakers do not pose any obstruction when shifting/bracking, I did have to brace center to fire wall due to weight the speakers put on the tray.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness
Than to beg for permission....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DUBDAWG
Samba Member

Location: Middle of NOWHERE, then go 2miles south , 2nd house on right

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ wrote:

Thanks Russ, NICE CRUISER PEDAL, HUH!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

"It's better to ask for forgiveness
Than to beg for permission....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello-

My brother test drove a new convertable Porsche a few weeks ago. When he asked about the sound system, the salesman smiled, looked up at the sky, and said, "in a convertable, the world is your sound system!" Wink

Paul

Richard Feynman
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUBDAWG wrote:
Russ wrote:

Thanks Russ, NICE CRUISER PEDAL, HUH!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

it's the best ever Very Happy

your car looks fantastic man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MB56VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about my car being dusty inside but here are a couple pictures of my speakers. I wanted to make everything as hidden as possible. My stereo is in the glove box.

I used the old heater holes and installed 6 1/2" speakers. They ended out working out well.

I have 4 way 6x9 under the back par. try.
sonoma_vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MB56VW wrote:
Sorry about my car being dusty inside but here are a couple pictures of my speakers. I wanted to make everything as hidden as possible. My stereo is in the glove box.

I used the old heater holes and installed 6 1/2" speakers. They ended out working out well.

I have 4 way 6x9 under the back par. try.

Hi MV56VW,

I am determined to put at least a couple of small round or oval woofers down in that rear seat kick plate, but do you have any tweeters mounted elsewhere? Also, are the 6x9s in the back parcel tray are covered by vinyl? I think I'm stuck with a mid-range/tweeter combo in my driver-side stock speaker position ('60 bug), but will probably sound a bit lopsided. Sad
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has placed a hidden stereo system in their Oval Reply with quote

Nice combination for the rear.
The hardest part though is to integrate serious speakers in the front, and also run a parcel tray .
I really like the solution that DUBDAWG has fabricated.
There must be more of those speaker trays out there by now Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SAMBA VAN MAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Who has placed a hidden stereo system in their Oval Reply with quote

Just to revive this thread I have made these in the Coronavirus lockdown here in the U.K. My interior will be retrimmed with new cloth. These Videos are just testing. All wiring will be secured properly. The radio I’m using is a converted Blaupunkt Bremen still running 6volts. I haven’t done any adjustments on the radio yet this is straight out of the box. There is no external amplifier, the phone mic doesn’t do them justice. I’m streaming the music from my I-pad. The upholstery of the pillows was done by my Mum.

https://youtu.be/ix8pe4WPE4s

https://youtu.be/a2nrhymxJi4

https://youtu.be/MBRvU4gaQSs
Bub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Who has placed a hidden stereo system in their Oval Reply with quote

I did a hidden stereo. Pretty slick so far functionally. Sort of an experiment that I'm still trying to fine tune. But it's fairly well hidden, sounds honestly better than you'd think, cheap and simple.
The 'stereo' thing is a little *bluetooth receiver/amplifier* ; whatever that is. It's the size of a deck of cards. Runs on 12V (so I have a transformer off my 6V) and it's 100W. It was about $12 I think, speakers are cheap marine speakers about $20, and the transformer was $10.

Repro block off plate has a pair of small speakers behind it- that I scavenged from a bluetooth speaker.- so it became a speaker grill too. A larger bass speaker in the grill and the tiny3.5" boat speakers in the rear.
The amp /receiver thing is nice, works GREAT and has on/off volume. Which is all I wanted.
It's a work in progress....

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: