Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

iowegian - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: iowegian
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Kalapaki Papa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Chuck Kloster chuckkloster@gmail Reply with quote

Well kids, it appears it's been awhile since anyone said something nice about Chuck.....so it's my honor to revive his feedback thread!

I'm running a "wanted" ad here on TS looking for some ghia bits and pieces....Chuck emailed me saying he may have some of the items. Several emails and a telephone call or two and off he went to the post office...

Chuck mailed the items on his dime, for me to look over....all were packed well and defeated USPS's best attempts at destruction . Now Chuck and I had tentatively agreed upon a price but that was with out any pictures.

After receiving and inspecting the goodies I felt we were "close" and after a phone call, he and I struck a deal at a price a bit lower than "previously discussed".

After thinking about it, I felt a bit guilty because if Chuck hadn't agreed he would be out about $80 for round trip postage...in essence, I had him over a barrel (which was NOT my intention!). So when I PayPal'd Chuck I added an extra $25 which was half the difference we had settled on from the initial price. It felt like the right thing to do!

I'd deal with this gentleman any day!
And Chuck don't you dare send me the $25 back! Laughing
Aloha,Jeff Kritz
61 L380 sedan
62 SO33 L380
63 standard micro
63 cabrio
64 KG coupe
64 sedan
66 sedan
67 beetle
70 empi GTV
70 VWOA Formula Vee
73 Economotors super beetle
74 GSR / German look rally tribute super beetle
76 cabrio
& a bunch of non-vw rolling stock parked in and around the barn. Just can’t help myself!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
guidoamisano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chuck was super helpful with explaining which parts were interchangeable on Ghia Bumpers from year to year. Also sold me some very nice re-chromable pieces that I needed to replace on my current bumpers. Super nice dude, and shipped parts quickly.

Very happy customer!

Guido
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chuck, next time you need a windshield put in, make Kalapaki Papa (aka Jeff Kritz) do it... he's pretty good, and he works cheap (HI, Jeff!!) Very Happy

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

guidoamisano wrote:
Chuck was super helpful with explaining which parts were interchangeable on Ghia Bumpers from year to year. Also sold me some very nice re-chromable pieces that I needed to replace on my current bumpers. Super nice dude, and shipped parts quickly.

Very happy customer!

Guido

My pleasure, Guido.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Chuck, next time you need a windshield put in, make Kalapaki Papa (aka Jeff Kritz) do it... he's pretty good, and he works cheap (HI, Jeff!!) Very Happy

I'll keep that in mind Dave.
mack00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just received my purchase from Chuck. Well packaged and as described. Chuck answered all my questions and was honest about condition.
Thanks again Chuck
ELFRIED
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi Chuck,

thanks for the nice bumper parts . They where nicely and carefully packed and made it without problems to Belgium.

greetings
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you to everybody who has bought from me. I have received no complaints, so I figure I must be doing something right. Very Happy
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

I met Chuck at a car show last year he was selling the original VW advertising and other items. All categorized neatly and priced right a pleasure to do business with and a nice guy to talk to as well. I’d definitely buy more stuff if I catch him again. Thanks man.
jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a set of hubcaps from Chuck. They were just as advertised, shipped quickly and carefully packaged. Couldn't be more pleased!
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chuck gets-it... Completely great transaction = A+++
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
camfella04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a Ghia clock off of Chuck, absolute pleasure doing business with him!
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought two items from Chuck. He lives about 30 miles from me. He chatted with me on the phone after I introduced myself via PM for the parts. He went above and beyond to make sure he had everything. Stellar guy, fast shipping and items were as stated. Would buy again for sure. Thanks Chuck!
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chuck saw in a discussion thread that I was looking simply for source for a replacement rubber seal on an antennae for my K. Ghia. He pm'ed me that he was sending a seal that he had around for many years, no price mentioned. A box send via Priority Mail arrived, and Chuck had sent the whole antennae with it's body seal, sure looks new to me, and no matter how much I ask him, he won't charge me. I owe him big time, a very generous thing for him to do for a VW friend just a State away. Chuck, if you ever come down for my "Busses Nowhere Near The Arch" camping weekend, you're registration is on me, plus the first beers! Thank you very much!

Bill Bowman
www.bnnta.com
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Mike Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

ZENVWDRIVER wrote:
Chuck gets-it... Completely great transaction = A+++

This^

Great buyer and feedbacker. Thank you Chuck!
So glad you're happy with the bumper guard and service, the post office is close to home.
Cheers!
Mike
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chuck bought a book from me that I had advertised for FOUR years, proving that long term ads can work Very Happy

Excellent buyer
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
russelltatedotcom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chuck, sent me an item that got lost and paid back my money. The item re-surfaced a while later and he was generous enough to waive the whole thing and let me keep the items .. for free. Very kind gesture indeed! thanks Charles!
Russell (sydney Australia)
AIR_COOLED_EXPRESS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chuck fixed us up with a nice older production dash pad for a project we are working on. Priced right and shipped lightning fast. He won't let you down.

Thanks again Chuck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

I took advantage of Chuck's generous offer for donating the proceeds of his sales to Elizabeth who lost everything in a devastating fire. paid him then he decided to ship the items free Shocked So he refunded some of my money, he didn't ask because I would have told him not to.
He adds hope to this world Smile
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
Virginias Worst
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: iowegian - [email protected] Reply with quote

I’m not sure where this guy gets the treasures he does, but if he is selling something BUY IT! Thanks again!!
60’ Bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: