Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MXDesa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I'm finally at the stage in my beetle's restoration where I need to choose the interior color combo. The car is a freshly painted Turquoise ragtop.

I'm stuck between a beige/tan option and a Grey. I'm open for other suggestions as well. If anyone has a close color combo in their turquoise bug, I'd love to see a picture of it.

Here are my narrowed down options so far... Let me know what you think...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

I think the beige looks warmer and yet is not too strong against the turquoise, so that would be my choice.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
wdfifteen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

finster wrote:
I think the beige looks warmer and yet is not too strong against the turquoise, so that would be my choice.

+1
I like the beige.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

wdfifteen wrote:
finster wrote:

+1
I like the beige.

Me too.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

Beige.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

Are you restoring it to original? Then grey would be your only option. And without the tweed.
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

For reference, here's the interior my '63 from Sewfine. Seats have dark grey vinyl sides & back w/grey-mix tweed seating surfaces and off-white piping. Carpet is charcoal grey German square-weave and door panels are original to the car. I think this combo would work pretty well with Turquoise too.

Bryan67 wrote:
Are you restoring it to original? Then grey would be your only option. And without the tweed.
The tweed is a nice upgrade if you're not going completely original, as the material's coarse texture minimizes sliding around on the seat. And with a sunroof, you won't be sitting on hot vinyl when the roof's left open on a sunny day.
'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
cricketseed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

Graphic designer here (for what that's worth). I'd go gray. To me, the colors work better together, and you're closer to the original setup.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Choosing an Interior Color Combo - Help me out Reply with quote

MXDesa wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm finally at the stage in my beetle's restoration where I need to choose the interior color combo. The car is a freshly painted Turquoise ragtop.

I'm stuck between a beige/tan option and a Grey. I'm open for other suggestions as well. If anyone has a close color combo in their turquoise bug, I'd love to see a picture of it.

Here are my narrowed down options so far... Let me know what you think...

How can we know what interior to put in your car unless we know the year of your car?
Restore means bringing it back to how it came from the factory. I hope you painted the car with what was available for your cars year, then the interior is fairly easy with sometimes a couple of choices.
So you don't need us, just go to the technical section of the Samba and look up paint and upholstery. If you are not restoring the car do anything you like.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: