Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche People. Whats This Porsche Worth? I need Help 1980 911sc
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremyrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Porsche People. Whats This Porsche Worth? I need Help 1980 911sc Reply with quote

I am A VW Bus guy for starters... I don't know Porsche nor will I pretend to.
Long story short some close Retired friends of mine have had this beautiful Porsche for about 15 years.. They bought it in 2005 with 42,000 miles on it for 25,000$ They called me the other day and said we want to sell the Porsche but don't know what its worth and I said I'll try to help so that lead me to the Samba.. The Car now has 46,0000 miles on it. Which is extremely low for the year. Its dusty but beautiful, and it literally sits in a garage under a car cover. The seats, carpet , headliner, door panels door jambs or anything that you think would have wear is beautiful and unworn.
The problem that I am having is I look on Ebay and on here and I see these priced anywhere from 20,000 for a beater to 50,000 for a really clean one. I really want to get them a fair price for their car. Im not really looking for someone that wants to flip it and make money I'd like to find someone that will take care of it but also drive it, and hopefully keep it for a long time.
Anyhow if any of you enthusiasts can help put a price on it , that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche People. Whats This Porsche Worth? I need Help 1980 911sc Reply with quote

Geeze an 85 MPH Speedo and 55 MPH marked in red! One big factor is, was it serviced during all those years and are there records for this.

NADA says low $28,800, avg $37,500, and high $63,200. OEM price was $31,950.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche People. Whats This Porsche Worth? I need Help 1980 911sc Reply with quote

I would say a low mile original paint car that is near perfect with all of the books records tool kit and tire inflator is worth 50 thousand. By the way the clutch cable needs adjustment!
Jeremyrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche People. Whats This Porsche Worth? I need Help 1980 911sc Reply with quote

As far as services there are some receipts. I drove the car on Monday and it’s nice. It’s tight and it’s got some pep to it. I checked the oil and it is clean as new but I would also assume it could use a service. I will confirm but I don’t think it has seen daylight in 5 years. The owner kept the battery disconnected and would start it every so often to keep everything moving. One issue is when you’d turn the air conditioning on it works but it kind of made a whistle noise. Sounds like something needed lubed. Also the radio you can turn it on and it works but cuts out periodically probably a ground wire or something I did not investigate it.
As far as the 85 mph speedometer and the 55 in red does that mean anything good or bad or is that just how they did it on those years?
old_man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche People. Whats This Porsche Worth? I need Help 1980 911sc Reply with quote

Jeremyrx wrote:
As far as services there are some receipts. I drove the car on Monday and it’s nice. It’s tight and it’s got some pep to it. I checked the oil and it is clean as new but I would also assume it could use a service. I will confirm but I don’t think it has seen daylight in 5 years. The owner kept the battery disconnected and would start it every so often to keep everything moving. One issue is when you’d turn the air conditioning on it works but it kind of made a whistle noise. Sounds like something needed lubed. Also the radio you can turn it on and it works but cuts out periodically probably a ground wire or something I did not investigate it.
As far as the 85 mph speedometer and the 55 in red does that mean anything good or bad or is that just how they did it on those years?

Don't worry about the AC. It never really worked on these cars.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/ Check out the for sale section here and feel free to post in the Market Place forum. You'll get some opinions there.

A PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) should reveal all. Some buyers will insist on one. One broken head stud can make a substantial difference on the price.

What I do recommend you do is get the paint buffed and then get the car professionally photographed. Then dump it on Bring a Trailer. com maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche People. Whats This Porsche Worth? I need Help 1980 911sc Reply with quote

The comment about the 85 mph was just a jab at the gov't thinking that would save gas by limiting how high the speedo registered - a sign of the day back then.
Synchromesh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche People. Whats This Porsche Worth? I need Help 1980 911sc Reply with quote

Providing the car has all original paint and maintenance receipts I have to concur with one of dr914 - should be in $45-50K range. That's an awesome color, it's a coupe and it has low miles. A winning combo. If I didn't already own 3 aircooled cars I'd be all over it.

Just have them put it on Bringatrailer. Season is starting, should be able to get most money for it right now!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: