Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/burlington-vw-bus-camper-westfalia-for/6858986028.html

Yet another Craigslist Dreamer......... Laughing Laughing Laughing

WTF! -groovy orange color?

$3800 for a motor?

I get how rare these are around here (new england), but im sorry, im calling bullshit! No motor, no interior, beat to shit, what exactly has any part of that value. Maybe the big bag of weed the seller will forget to remove.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
crukab wrote:
https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/burlington-vw-bus-camper-westfalia-for/6858986028.html

Yet another Craigslist Dreamer......... Laughing Laughing Laughing

WTF! -groovy orange color?

$3800 for a motor?

I get how rare these are around here (new england), but im sorry, im calling bullshit! No motor, no interior, beat to shit, what exactly has any part of that value. Maybe the big bag of weed the seller will forget to remove.

For 5k you can get a West Coast bus in way better shape, ship it and still have some coin. Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

For 5k you can get a West Coast bus in way better shape, ship it and still have some coin. Wink

You left coasters think yur purdy cool now dont ya?

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Wow those are both a train wreck..
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
notchboy wrote:

You left coasters think yur purdy cool now dont ya?

We are raised to think we are the coolest people we know Wink Cool Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
Wow those are both a train wreck..

Yep, and you know it is not worth the time to email them to tell them that, I'm sure they are "long term" Vw people, as in they have a '06 jetta & a friend ONCE had a Beetle..... Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
JaimeH Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

The list of good points is so limited they have to mention the ashtray. Rolling Eyes
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

JimmieH wrote:
The list of good points is so limited they have to mention the ashtray. Rolling Eyes

holy shit I missed that. im calling now!

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I like Bay window Westys.
I like tin tops a lot. Had one for a while, a beautiful camper. But What the General Fuck is this guy thinking?

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/la-mesa-1970-volkswagen-type-ii/6870545327.html

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
I like tin tops a lot. Had one for a while, a beautiful camper. But What the General Fuck is this guy thinking?

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/la-mesa-1970-volkswagen-type-ii/6870545327.html

He really ought to auction this on BringaTrailer. Besides the asking price, a vehicle like that deserves better than Craigslist.

https://bringatrailer.com/
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

He really ought to auction this on BringaTrailer. Besides the asking price, a vehicle like that deserves better than Craigslist.

https://bringatrailer.com/

Agreed - if its all true then it will/should be a pricey bay.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hello,
It is a clean bus and pretty much original from the pictures shown, until you see the engine compartment area. How can that be the same vehicle? Yet, he needs to show some pictures of the more common trouble areas, to see the whole story.
But, I don't think he'll get $38K for it. Yet, someone just bought the bus in "Camper value help" for 14.5k and it had some rust issues to say the least.
People with stupid money.... can be found....
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Angus II wrote:
Hello,
It is a clean bus and pretty much original from the pictures shown, until you see the engine compartment area. How can that be the same vehicle?

I thought the same thing. The engine bay doesn't match the rest of that bus.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
a1steaksauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Angus II wrote:
Hello,
It is a clean bus and pretty much original from the pictures shown, until you see the engine compartment area. How can that be the same vehicle?

x2

And what is up with all the rust flashing in the bay? Highly suspect for sure. I wonder if the bus got a respray?

But I do like the original sound deadening hanging down and sitting on the fan shroud Laughing
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Angus II wrote:
Hello,

meh...

I could see the engine bay being peppered a bit. I'm in New England and see this all the time. it's worse on cars that don't get driven much and have a chance to "dry out" yet outside and under the cars are fine because of air movement (unless they are parked on grass)

and if it never had any oil leaks/oil vapor flying around in there to coat everything...I see it as 100% possible. not everyone waxes the engine bay.

if it checks out....it's a neat bus. a bit high by a couple thousand due to the lack of a pop top, but otherwise looks very correct. even has the correct painted emblem as well.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
Angus II wrote:
Hello,

meh...

I could see the engine bay being peppered a bit. I'm in New England and see this all the time. it's worse on cars that don't get driven much and have a chance to "dry out" yet outside and under the cars are fine because of air movement (unless they are parked on grass)

and if it never had any oil leaks/oil vapor flying around in there to coat everything...I see it as 100% possible. not everyone waxes the engine bay.

if it checks out....it's a neat bus. a bit high by a couple thousand due to the lack of a pop top, but otherwise looks very correct. even has the correct painted emblem as well.

it doesn't present well, and when you are looking at that sort of cash everything better look low mileage.
It's also odd that the spare tire cover is so trashed and sun damaged yet the rear cushion looks nice.
Also, no tent? A tin top is pretty limited as a useful camper without a tent.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hello,
Heck, he missed his chance to sell it last weekend in Pomona. A lot of foreign buyers with deep pockets there.....
After looking at the picture again. It sure looks to be a very complete original tintop westfalia. Heck, it even has the front curtain for the cab.
I kinda question the mileage from looking at the swinging keyring ware marks on the columm, but he says he has all documentation on the bus....
Someone(that lives in SD. hint hint) should take a drive over and really look at the bus in person. But, it sure does look to be what he says it is. It looks to be original paint. Yes, the engine bay does have that "out of place look" too it, but as skills said, most people don't wax their engines.... mainly, people that take their vehicles in to be serviced.... That's just the taillight loom hanging down, not the sound board.
The real question is, Who has the 38K for this bus?? You would be saving 15-20K on body rot repairs off the top....
Just saying, if someone wanted a factory original/survivor 70 tintop westy in clean shape with very minimal after purchase cost, this would be worth looking at.... But, I am not that guy.
I'm to cheap. I didn't even pay 5% of that price for my rust free, original paint and interior 71 poptop westy from the original owners, and I still talked him down from his asking price.. Yet, it wasn't a garage queen. It was their family camper that saw a lot of use....but I still got a smokin deal....
Someone go and buy that bus, I'm sure he would make a deal from the asking price. If it's all original and only 51K on it, you don't have to worry about crappy aftermarket China parts on it.... and multiple previous owners hack repairs. It will be a good deal for someone, but at what price. You can pay now(for a low mile survivor) or later too the mechanic and bodyman for some thing less later..... and, in twenty years you'll make some money on it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:

It's also odd that the spare tire cover is so trashed and sun damaged yet the rear cushion looks nice.
Also, no tent? A tin top is pretty limited as a useful camper without a tent.

Tire covers get that way from the tire outgassing in the heat over the years. I have seen that exact thing before.

Tents, as we all know too well, get taken out and left in the garage. Then lost to time. Sort of like iceboxes and middle seats.

I know of a nearly identical bus in similar, but not quite as nice, condition. It may be time to check in with the owner again. I helped her get the bus back on the road a decade ago. It is sitting in her garage now. Maybe she is ready to sell?
wihr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

No seal on the engine compartment door.

WW

1970 Campmobile "Van Ordinaire"
2009 Lincoln Town Car "Behemoth"
1969 Lambretta 150 DL "Nina"
1962 Matchless G 12 CS 650cc
a1steaksauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I'm in New England and see this all the time. it's worse on cars that don't get driven much and have a chance to "dry out" yet outside and under the cars are fine because of air movement (unless they are parked on grass).

That’s not common for California. if that bus has been in San Diego for all its life and garaged as claimed that engine bay doesn’t check out one bit. I’m having a hard time buying the line about it being fully 100% original paint. The flashing where the deck lid seal was and all the flashing around the engine bay is just so out of place for the mileage. I’d love to see the underside of it. How many people take undercarriage pictures to show off a low mileage vehicle and here there isn’t a single picture of the underside? I find that odd.

I’m not doubting the overall condition one bit, it’s very clean. There’s just too many questionable things with that bus to be demanding top dollar for it.

Angus II wrote:
That's just the taillight loom hanging down, not the sound board.

You can clearly see the tail light loom on either side of the engine bay running where it should be. Nope, that’s the sound board hanging down. Go look again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 435 of 490

Jump to: