Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

california bus-aru swap question
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how about an update on your situation. This thread is two months old and the last you said I think was you had a 1977 carbed engine which was blown. You had a 50% chance of moving to California and you were exploring the possibility of doing a Subaru conversion. You think your bus is pretty nice and hate to part with it like it is with a bad engine given that you don't think you can sell it for much compared to how much you've invested. Please come back and fill us in because by now you should know where you're going to move to.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update?? He possibly thought "what the heck am I trying to do"! In my opinion to have a vintage era vehicle that has to be smogged and I want to modify it is crazy. To me, age 60, life is too short to be going thru these hurdles. What makes one think that as soon as you spend all this time and coin getting this bay the way you want it the BAR aint gonna change the regs!! Personally, my time and money is too precious. This is not about a person who has a 76-82 bus now entering calif and wrapped up into the smog program, it is about a project going thru the thought/planning process, and what it will cost the owner to achieve his desired results. I'm guessing costly.
Bill
jonpanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: california bus-aru swap question Reply with quote

Reviving this thread from the dead because I am going to be speaking with a referee soon and I will clarify a lot of the information in this thread. If anybody has any specific questions let me know, they're supposed to call me in 3-5 business days.

Best,

Jon
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: california bus-aru swap question Reply with quote

I'm sure this all worked out perfectly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: