Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Volkyland Collection for sale!
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Binbrook310
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

Amazing Collection being sold for very reasonable prices! This place is amazing! I would be in Heaven!

http://www.oldbug.com/volkyland.htm
Binbrook310
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/randycarnut/videos/1242194449271433/?t=42
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

Puerto Rico? Add several thousand in shipping on those...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

I sold him the Volkyland guy the 1966 Type 34 years ago.

That car is super nice and low mileage.

I don't know about the other cars.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rustbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

I'm super curious why its for sale
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

Quote:
Randy Carlson Collection for sale!

Not exactly -- it's the Volkyland collection, which Randy is brokering.

The thread title made me think Randy was selling his personal collection. Wink
Binbrook310
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

Oh, sorry, just saw the link on FB. I was just in awe of all the awesome vws in his collection! I may have scanned over the facts in rush, lol. I already have my beetle, and shes perfect, as much as id like to give her brothers or sisters, not going to happen any time soon with daughter starting University in the fall!
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

Yes...not MY collection (but boy I wish!)

I am assisting with the sale of it all though. I went down last week and spent a couple days with the whole collection inspecting and photographing with a helper. I hope to post all the detailed pics of each car this next week.

A shame to see the end of such an amazing stash, but it will also be wonderful to see them all find new homes with enthusiasts around the world.
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

Shocked i just spit out my drink. what a collection!
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

WTH is volkyland?
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYgtU0JdayU

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

Some nice cars and reasonable prices. I’m sure there are already tons of emails coming through on a few of the cars. I may have to take a peak at my wallet and make some inquiries.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

I am having a family emergency and will be heading to Puerto Rico tonight. Always wanted to go check out that museum! Hopefully they are still “open to the public” and I’ll be able to visit it. Confused
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

wow! Thats a crazy amount of cars in that video
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

rustbus wrote:
I'm super curious why its for sale

Museums are dying from lack of attendance everywhere; many cannot cover their operating costs from admission fees alone.

Asking a millennial to go to a museum is like forcing a baby boomer to sit through reruns of Lawrence Welk or a Bing Crosby marathon. It isn't going to happen...
typ914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

I heard A rumor that a large entertainment company is buying a chunk of the collection. Can anyone confirm this rumor?
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Randy Carlson Collection for sale! Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I sold him the Volkyland guy the 1966 Type 34 years ago.

That car is super nice and low mileage.

I don't know about the other cars.

I rather imagine thats not the only nice low mileage one.

wow. just wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

I’m just sad that the one I really want is a replica.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
I am having a family emergency and will be heading to Puerto Rico tonight. Always wanted to go check out that museum! Hopefully they are still “open to the public” and I’ll be able to visit it. Confused

I was in Puerto Rico this past winter, they have been closed for a while. It was one hell of a bummer, I was really looking forward to see the collection.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkyland Collection for sale! Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:
I’m just sad that the one I really want is a replica.

FWIW, be glad the replicas are being represented as such.

I've seen people saying they own real war-time vehicles in the past that are clearly replicas.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: