Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can't move driver seat on 1986 GL
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Can't move driver seat on 1986 GL Reply with quote

Had that problem since I own the van, the seat wont move at all, I looked under with a flashlight to see if something was stuck in the railing but could not see anything, I would like to install an auxiliary battery under but can't with the seat being stuck there. would also like to eventually change both seat. Looked in the manual but there's no mention on what to do if it's stuck, I tried having someone pull/push on the seat while trying to free it but
no luck Rolling Eyes Am I going to have to cut it in pieces Twisted Evil

Marc..
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't move driver seat on 1986 GL Reply with quote

Send me a PM with your cell number, and I will make a brief cell phone video on how it’s done. I will have this opportunity until 5:00 pm PST today only.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't move driver seat on 1986 GL Reply with quote

PM sent

Marc..
Marcq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Can't move driver seat on 1986 GL Reply with quote

Finally got it unstuck, the PO must have been tall, the seat rail was jammed in the rail stop, I unjammed it by hitting from behind with rubber mallet
And thanks WY for your time
Marc..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: