Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Low light license plate light housing
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Low light license plate light housing Reply with quote

Does anyone have a pic of the bulb holder assembly for a 57, using the festoon type bulbs? I知 trying to rebuild mine which was slightly damaged and been disassembled for 15 years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Low light license plate light housing Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Low light license plate light housing Reply with quote

Man, thank you so very much. This is perfect and I知 now well on my way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Low light license plate light housing Reply with quote

I was able, with the above pix, to get my bulb holders fixed up... they were rusty, broken and missing pieces... I made my own lenses too... I値l get some pix of those later.

aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Low light license plate light housing Reply with quote

Nice work Cool
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Low light license plate light housing Reply with quote

Thanks to you😁. I wasn稚 sure about the orientation of the broken/missing bulb holder. I made one and soldered it together and then made some isolator bushings. I have the housing mounted right now, but I値l remove it to fully assemble the unit and I値l take pix of the hand made lenses... they turned out good.... this is a restocustom, so I知 fine with a few things being close but not perfect.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: