Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS barndoor cab divider glass?
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have this wrapped up NOS divider glass from d'Ieteren in Belgium. It's trapezoidal piece of glass, from what I've read this would be for barndoor? Can anyone comfirm please? Clara?
It's 49cm wide, 17cm high and part number on the wrapping is 211.845.151

And then question number 2: should I open it? Rolling Eyes
To be honest I really didn't want to open it, it's so pretty like this. But as I will be selling it, it might be needed so anyone can see what's inside (logo's etc)?

Please see pictures:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

I can't confirm the measurement but I see Clara posted a pic of a Barndoor cab divider and said it was a trapezoid here:

211.845.151 isn't in my 1955 parts book. Weird.

The part # for the cab divider glass from that book is 211.845.505

I feel like you are going to have to open it in order to sell it.
You could wait until you are paid and let the buyer back out if you open it and it is not as expected.
This allows the buyer to decide whether they want it to be opened.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EA57RHD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Since I own a 53 panel, I may be a buyer providing it is the correct glass with the large SEKURIT logo.

carefully opening the package from one end may be necessary to see the contents.
********WANTED********
Whittier Lee Wood VW dealer license plate frame
qwerty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Looks like this glass with "a" part number is also available here - repro?

https://www.m-volks.com/211845151a_p0885.html

https://www.paruzzi.com/webwinkel/oem/211845151A
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Maybe you can apply steam with one of those modern steam cleaners or a damp rag to soak the tape, like you would with pealing an old stamp of a postacard.
appears to be paper tape applied with water based glue.

peeling one short side open should suffice to slide the glass out.
I am a total sucker for og. boxes and wrapping and I am sure it is valuable to others as well.

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
Drew Ogden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Just open it and save the packaging. You have already documented it with photos. The end goal would be to install it on a bus.....
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

The '50s parts list shows that for a barndoor, the rear window and the cab divider window are the same, with a different parts number than this part.

This parts number shows up in the '60s parts lists as correct for barndoor. I bet it is a replacement glass with a later logo.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
The '50s parts list shows that for a barndoor, the rear window and the cab divider window are the same, with a different parts number than this part.

This parts number shows up in the '60s parts lists as correct for barndoor. I bet it is a replacement glass with a later logo.

Same glass? That is a mistake. The cab divider glass is smaller than the Kombi/truck/panel rear window.

The 10/53 parts list shows 211 845 505 for the cab divider and 221 845 515 for the back commercial/standard window.
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
The cab divider glass is smaller than the Kombi/truck/panel rear window.

The 10/53 parts list shows 211 845 505 for the cab divider and 221 845 515 for the back commercial/standard window.

Thanks Greg.

So no 211 845 515 in your parts book?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Kais Collection wrote:
campingbox wrote:
The cab divider glass is smaller than the Kombi/truck/panel rear window.

Thanks Greg.

So no 211 845 515 in your parts book?

I assume you mean 151?

It’s not in the 10/53 or 4/55 books.

It is in the 7/56 book.

I expect you will find a barndoor cab divider glass with a slightly newer logo in that packaging. Cut it open, let’s see.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
Lind wrote:

Same glass? That is a mistake. The cab divider glass is smaller than the Kombi/truck/panel rear window.

Oops, my bad, I read the parts list wrong.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Thanks guys..

So should I cut it on the side or on the tape? Laughing

Newdashsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a barndoor partition glass that could get a measurement? And make a tracing for a glass cutter?
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Ok people, I've opened the packaging:

I've also put a small video clip of the opening on my Instagram and Facebook page, for your viewing pleasure.. Very Happy

Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Kais Collection wrote:
Ok people, I've opened the packaging:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1893216.jpg

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1893215.jpg

I've also put a small video clip of the opening on my Instagram and Facebook page, for your viewing pleasure.. Very Happy

Looks like '58ish through '61ish logos.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Quote:
I bet it is a replacement glass with a later logo.

Quote:
I expect you will find a barndoor cab divider glass with a slightly newer logo in that packaging.

Yes. It is a piece of glass made after BD production, but for a BD. But has a later logo.
The glass is the same shape, but not the same size, as the rear window.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Quote:
I bet it is a replacement glass with a later logo.

Quote:
I expect you will find a barndoor cab divider glass with a slightly newer logo in that packaging.

Yes. It is a piece of glass made after BD production, but for a BD. But has a later logo.
The glass is the same shape, but not the same size, as the rear window.

"Dealer replacement stock" is the correct term, I believe. Years ago I bought a set of four "brand new" 15" bus rims all marked with 10/66 date codes. Around three years after end of 15" wheel bus production, but VW knew how to support their product.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
EA57RHD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

I pulled this partition glass with original rubber seal out of my barndoor parts stash. I almost forgot that I had it.

I believe this to be the early SEKURIT logo but there may be another with just the logo and no other markings. Anyone know for sure ?

Pictures for reference would be nice.

********WANTED********
Whittier Lee Wood VW dealer license plate frame
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS barndoor cab divider glass? Reply with quote

For the regular window glass:

SEKURIT alone is 1953

SEKURIT
D02/AS2
is 54-55
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: