Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is this fuel starvation or something else?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Is this fuel starvation or something else? Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
What size venturis are in the IDAs? I would guess they are too big for the street.

For drag engines, you can go larger on the chokes. But for street use, gotta go smaller. Otherwise, you will lose all the pressure differential across the throats when you open them to atmospheric pressure instantly.

Put another way, you will stop pulling fuel when the pressure equalizes above and below the throttle plates. Hence the stumble. Gotta have that negative pressure to pull fuel and feed the motor.

My 2 cents.

42 vents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Is this fuel starvation or something else? Reply with quote

42mm chokes barely got lip on there. Laughing It is a gaping hole.

Maybe give John/ACN and see what he says. I would think you need to be in the 34mm - 36mm chokes. Even 32mm will work. But you gotta have a way to tune the combo. It will be nice if you have EGTs or better yet a dyno session with the said venturis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slow 1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Is this fuel starvation or something else? Reply with quote

if it does it even in 1st gear i don't think fuel starvation is the issue
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Is this fuel starvation or something else? Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
42mm chokes barely got lip on there. Laughing It is a gaping hole.

Maybe give John/ACN and see what he says. I would think you need to be in the 34mm - 36mm chokes. Even 32mm will work. But you gotta have a way to tune the combo. It will be nice if you have EGTs or better yet a dyno session with the said venturis.

It has been on the dyno and been tuned with the 42's in it. It was running fine but something is wrong somewhere since I fitted the rev limiter and changed ignition. I'm thinking I may have an electrical issue.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Is this fuel starvation or something else? Reply with quote

My neighbor was troubleshooting an issue where he'd floor his throttle and when it climbed in rpm it stopped building power (seemingly) at around 4k. He thought it was ignition or fuel. We pulled his motor and found his flywheel had blued/burnt and his clutch was slipping at higher rpm.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: