Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malanthius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

Very happy with this setup! Thought I'd share incase anyone was wondering about fitment. This is in my 66 double cab. 1915 running Kads. I'm running a tow hitch from Jeremy here in Samba. Install was simple and straight forward. I'm running heater boxes and I did not have to lossen them like they reccomend in their videos. Clearence to the apron and tow hitch are great. Tailpipe does barely touch my bumper. That is not the fault of a vintage speed. I believe my bumper struts a bit lower than stock with the tow hitch setup. I'm sure I can adjust it enough or modify the mounting a bit easily enough. Sound from this exhaust is fairly low and beefy without being too loud in the cabin. I was really impressed with the shipping. I ordered it Monday morning and it arrived weds here in So. Cal. Crazy! Highly reccomend d this exhaust. Its beautiful!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shortwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

Nice setup. I was wondering about that very combination. Thanks for the pics
Malanthius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

shortwing wrote:
Nice setup. I was wondering about that very combination. Thanks for the pics

No problem. Hoping it would help someone trying to do the same thing as myself. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheVintageVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

Looking for some updates on this muffler. The reviews are all over the place.

Hows it holding up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PDX db
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

Giving this a bump......any other opinions on this style exhaust? Getting ready to purchase one as they're having a sale right now.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

I've run my VS exhaust on my '62 DC now for a few years without a problem. Don't have a hitch, so I cannot speak to any effect that could have. I am still very happy with it - I would say buy with confidence.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
TheVintageVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

so many horror stories about them I don't know if I could trust the product. Most every person ive spoken with said horrible product but great customer service.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calsurfnative
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: My 66 DCs new vintage speed exhaust and tow hitch Reply with quote

Thanks for the post just what im looking for just got my new 1904 engine looking for an exhaust also i have a hitch just attached to the bumper for a bike rack,Vintage ships here in Cali ? Great seems quiet?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: