Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Definitely the ceiling insulation drooping into the fan shroud. The sag pattern is a match to the clips that hold it to the ceiling.

It could be the lighting or photo angle, but it does look like white overspray on the top of the rear hatch gasket. Could be wrong, but better photos would answer that Q.

Many more photos necessary to make a good determination of condition, and value.
thewilly789
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Ok.I am really having trouble trying to put a value on my 1978 bus.An i see
ads like this.

My bus has low mileage too-67k miles or (107km canadian edition).An all orginal inside an out.Problem is it has a few rust spots on it.Underneath you can see surface rust but not bad at all IMO. Like all the jack points are solid an not rusted out.There are still some rust spots.

I have orginal paper work from orginal owner so can prove stuff too.Its a pop top Wesfalia , everything orginal,curtains,kids bunk,canvas pop top.etc
Fully working BA6 heater sytem .Orginal FI system working.

So,i plan on selling my baby since she needs a better home now.Kids grew up.
Do i take detail photos of all rust spots.In process of patching some -before after ? or skip that ? That under front floor mat picture is worthless-not a real rust spot-not like under the step- mat-rubber rust spot.

In my mind i have a value of around 15k. (vrs that preceeding one here i am way under valued)
Just looking for a fair value for myself an future purchaser.

What would be your opinions on how i should proceed.
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

thewilly789 wrote:
ads like this.

My bus has low mileage too-67k miles or (107km canadian edition).An all orginal inside an out.Problem is it has a few rust spots on it.Underneath you can see surface rust but not bad at all IMO. Like all the jack points are solid an not rusted out.There are still some rust spots.

I have orginal paper work from orginal owner so can prove stuff too.Its a pop top Wesfalia , everything orginal,curtains,kids bunk,canvas pop top.etc

Do i take detail photos of all rust spots.In process of patching some -before after ? or skip that ? That under front floor mat picture is worthless-not a real rust spot-not like under the step- mat-rubber rust spot.

In my mind i have a value of around 15k. (vrs that preceeding one here i am way under valued)

We keep getting questions like these coming up. Things are worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A nice baywindow is 15-20k. A very nice baywindow is 25. Maybe 30k if you are lucky and find the right person.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:
thewilly789 wrote:
ads like this.

We keep getting questions like these coming up. Things are worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A nice baywindow is 15-20k. A very nice baywindow is 25. Maybe 30k if you are lucky and find the right person.

The more honest, open and descriptive you are the better. Put it up for higher than you want. Maybe a lot higher. You don't want it up at what you would be happy with because everyone always offers less than they see. So if you want 15k out of it you better put it up at 22.5 or 20k Wink

Pics?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I see the concern's on the engine compartment.
but this letter is awesome in it's own 1969 way.

Braukuche wrote:
I like Bay window Westys.
I like tin tops a lot. Had one for a while, a beautiful camper. But What the General Fuck is this guy thinking?

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/la-mesa-1970-volkswagen-type-ii/6870545327.html

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

well for $12k I hope it has a Porsche motor in it.. though they didn't offer any pics of it.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/atq/d/washington-vw-bus-1979-for-sale/6873288613.html

VW bus 1979 for sale - $12000 (Washington DC)

Quote:
VW Type 2 bus for sale, Porsche engine, minor rust, small project.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

If you want other people to be jealous of your Bus, buy these:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2273910
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
If you want other people to be jealous of your Bus, buy these:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2273910
I was never jealous of another person in my life until I looked through those windows...... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://vermont.craigslist.org/rvs/d/middlebury-78-vw-bus/6875548108.html

Really not a bad price, but wow that paint! Shocked

Makes me want to claw my eyes out.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
https://vermont.craigslist.org/rvs/d/middlebury-78-vw-bus/6875548108.html

Really not a bad price, but wow that paint! Shocked

Makes me want to claw my eyes out.

I thought about this one for my daughter, and its already de-listed. Looked to be a good deal for a NE bus. GONE fast. Shitty paint and all.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

soo this is what a $12,ooo+ bus looks like these days?

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/jacksonville-1969-volkswagen-bus/6875305258.html

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Laughing

Best part is they took the time to show the pics they got of it when they bought it. Now you can see how it was thrown together back then to sell it, reviling all the half assed lipstick and bondo/primer work.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

bondo, primer and sitting out in the wet
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

fresh slathering of 'for sale red'
no mention of using a nylon tent as a top canvas donor.

1973 vw westfalia camper - $15000 (Hazel green)
edit: forgot the CL link
https://huntsville.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1973-vw-westfalia-camper/6878097717.html
Quote:
Restored 73 fully camp ready.fresh rebuilt from top to bottom 1.7 liter porsche engine.new starter,new alternator,new regulator,webber 2 barrel carburator convertion kit,complete new clutch kit,new fuel tank,new fuel pump,new fuel filter,new fuel pressure regulator,new battery,new battery cables,,new paint job.complete,new porsche front disk brakes,new master cylinder,new brake hoses,new rear drum brakes and new rear brake drums,new wheel cylinders.5 new 6 ply new tires.custom curtains.new chrome hub caps,new front blinker lens,new rear blinker lens, all new bulbs,new front chrome Rings,new hallogen head lights,23 mpg. show contact info
. has fold down full size bed as well as a bunk bed,sink and fridge.camper in the back

danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

this one may very well be worth $20k but the pics are (dated) from 2015..
I know I'd like current pics if I was laying down that much $$.
is this anyone here we know?

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/schaumburg-1969-vw-type-2-westfalia/6870866124.html

Manfreds78bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

A hundred for a turn signal lens....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1907998

1982 AMC Eagle SX4 4.2L FI
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Manfreds78bay wrote:

Its the last NOS German one on Earth. Cool Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Manfreds78bay wrote:

Its the last NOS German one on Earth. Cool Laughing

Certain NOS stuff is getting harder to find. If one was doing a correct concours restoration, $100 for an NOS lens is nothing compared to to cost of a proper resto. The average guy putting together a nice bus will be just as happy with a nice used lens .
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2279692

hahaha yeah ok!
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Manfreds78bay wrote:

if you can make them cheaper than that, im all about it. the mold alone for a repro is about 400 bux worth of material, plus labor of about four hours. then you have the castings which are also a pain ,since they have to be done in a pressure pot that is heated. takes about an hour to make one from start to finish. so 100 bux is cheap as balls for that.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 436 of 490

Jump to: