Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2469, 2470, 2471 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
western auto wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2279083 I feel like it needs a bullet signal on the driver front Laughing

This was in the whines last year when it was found in Kansas. I’m surprised now that it’s ‘restored ‘ they didn’t cut in the other semaphore
ya think it was only $100,000 back then Wink
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

probably figured if a 58 with semaphores is rare, just think how rare it is with just one!

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
western auto wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2279083 I feel like it needs a bullet signal on the driver front Laughing

This was in the whines last year when it was found in Kansas. I’m surprised now that it’s ‘restored ‘ they didn’t cut in the other semaphore

I liked it much better when it was sitting in a field.
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

That engine case on that truck looks like it sat on the damp ground for a while.
Doesn't matter though, plenty of damaging debris will be sucked into the carb without an air cleaner in place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Autohaus Pasing kemmt mi bekannt vor. What was the guy back east (from me) asking for it when it was knackered? Hey, at least it has a new lease on life, as long as you make right turns...or stick your left meatbeater out the window haha

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
OVIEDOAV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

western auto wrote:

Yea, for some reason, I feel like a stock air cleaner should be included for that much $$🙄
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
western auto wrote:

Yes, old ad
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2090017

People were going crazy because the previous seller had it for sale for 100K at first. Looks like the ad above says $15K so he came down a little. Wink

WTF with the single semaphore.

I don't doubt the dealer claims but in that book he shows in the ad above, I can see it's a 66-67 Single Cab with the intake vents over the wheel well, not a '59:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

you gots to balance that shit out with one bullet turn signal, one Euro spec taillight and USA spec taillight.

In all seriousness, it does look like the seller put a decent amount of effort into trying to make it stock. I like that he redid the logos, stock height, stock color, 36hp engine, etc. There are certainly some things that he missed the mark on, blue undercarriage, no air cleaner, trying to get a real money out of a singlecab, etc.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hey Everett,

That vintage pic above showing the dealer SC is a BAY Window. Look at the drivers door.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
Hey Everett,

That vintage pic above showing the dealer SC is a BAY Window. Look at the drivers door.

Yup. I'm thinking '69 or '70. I've been trying to improve my knowledge of bay beetle bug truck van minutia.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
type241 wrote:
Hey Everett,

Yup. I'm thinking '69 or '70. I've been trying to improve my knowledge of bay beetle bug truck van minutia.

No reflector behind the front wheel well and drum brakes, it's a 70.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Does anyone else think the SC looks proportionally larger than it should be compared to the people and how much farther behind them it is? Also is that sign a Mobil Oil something?
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
Does anyone else think the SC looks proportionally larger than it should be compared to the people and how much farther behind them it is? Also is that sign a Mobil Oil something?

Yeah, looks like the guy on the left is REALLY short. And yes, that's a poster for Mobil Oil Super 10W-50.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

does this go here? have we covered it already?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2271870
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:

well, for 125 grand you buy the opportunity to make the (missing) interior your own?

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
EverettB wrote:

you gots to balance that shit out with one bullet turn signal, one Euro spec taillight and USA spec taillight.

Right Turn, Clyde!!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

ryans65 wrote:

givin this one a run for its money

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2268533
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

45k for painted headlight rings?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2279382

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
ryans65 wrote:

givin this one a run for its money

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2268533

It bugs me that both of these are 6 figures+ and the photos SUCK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
45k for painted headlight rings?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2279382

The Ad wrote:
Has been on display in a fantastic collection/museum and is not ready for a new home.

Hold up, it's NOT ready for a new home? Razz
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2469, 2470, 2471 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2470 of 2710

Jump to: