Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Freebirdbeachbum wrote:
bluebus86 wrote:
For the JBugs discount, I cant recommend anyone else. I have used them many times, will use again.

Bug On!

I’m not convinced that’s accurate. It looks to me that their not unusual, regular sale prices with a 10% discount for large orders is competitive, but no real savings.

My complaint is that they committed to me a 20% discount which does represent a real savings on a large order and now all I hear from them are crickets.

What I stated is accurate. if you find another place that honors your 20% jbug discount, please let us know

Bug On!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Nice thing about Bughaus is it’s mom and pop so when you call you are talking to the knowledgeable owner and he will give you good info. Yesterday I needed parts quickly so he overnighted them at no charge. People on the east coast ordering from California could be dealing with this place that’s at least 2000 miles closer or could it be they are chasing so called bargain prices? Why not call and place a small order and see what happens, what have you got to lose except the attitude of a low paid order taker ? Very Happy
Freebirdbeachbum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Bama Dave wrote:
Freebirdbeachbum wrote:
My complaint is that they committed to me a 20% discount which does represent a real savings on a large order....

How did they "commit?" If it was in writing, use that to keep after them. If it was not in writing, then you have no real way to prove it.

I'm not going to sue them in a court of law. I do, however, have contemporaneous notes I took at the time with the date of the conversation, name of the person who committed, and the terms.

I've called twice. Both times the person I spoke to said I'd have to talk to the person who made the commitment. Both times they said they would give him my callback information. No callback.
1972 Honda CB750 Four
1980 Honda 500CX Custom
1968 Benelli Cobra
1965 Moto Guzzi Lodola GT
Freebirdbeachbum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

grandpa red wrote:
I have spent about $1000 over the last 5 months.
Bought from JBugs,CIP1 and CB Performance.
Will buy from them again.

Maybe you should try contacting JBugs again.

I've already contacted them twice. No callback.
1972 Honda CB750 Four
1980 Honda 500CX Custom
1968 Benelli Cobra
Freebirdbeachbum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
Freebirdbeachbum wrote:
bluebus86 wrote:
For the JBugs discount, I cant recommend anyone else. I have used them many times, will use again.

Bug On!

I’m not convinced that’s accurate. It looks to me that their not unusual, regular sale prices with a 10% discount for large orders is competitive, but no real savings.

My complaint is that they committed to me a 20% discount which does represent a real savings on a large order and now all I hear from them are crickets.

What I stated is accurate. if you find another place that honors your 20% jbug discount, please let us know

Bug On!

I think you may be missing my larger point. It's not about who has the cheapest prices. It's about ethics and integrity and customer service. I've purchased several thousands of dollars of items from them. They could at least call me back.

For the sake of full disclosure, are you in any way connected with Jbugs in addition to being a customer?
1972 Honda CB750 Four
1980 Honda 500CX Custom
1968 Benelli Cobra
baldessariclan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

In my experience, Jbugs tends to sell a lot of aftermarket stuff which may or may not fit, may or may not work correctly (or at all), etc. I used them quite a bit when first got my Bug, but ended up having to return over 50% of the parts they sent, due to those issues mentioned. I rarely use them anymore -- only if it's for something I absolutely can't find anywhere else. Otherwise, on average, they often just end up being too big a waste of my time.

Cip1 is a bit of a step up from Jbugs in my opinion, but still tend to sell a lot of parts which are basically crap right out to the box. I have found it a lot harder to deal with their customer service on refunds -- they generally make you jump through a LOT of hoops / time wasted before they'll refund any money for bad parts. That's been my experience with them, anyway -- once again, some serious potential for wasted time and effort if you ever have to return something.

I tend to have the best luck with Wolfsburg West -- a lot of their stuff is acceptable to very good quality, although they still sell some crappy stuff on occasion as well. I've generally ended up having a lot fewer issues with their parts overall though, especially as compared with those other two vendors mentioned above. I've found WW's customer service to be a bit "testy" on occasion, but if you send them proof of poor quality part (e.g. pictures of ill-fitting or failed part, cracked rubber, etc.), they will then refund all your money pronto, no further questions asked or hassle -- i.e. no need for "return authorization number"s, return mailing & postage, proof of disabling/destroying bad parts, etc., etc...

I've also had fairly good luck with these vendors as well:

-- Airhead Parts (Lots OEM used parts available)
-- BugCity (higher prices, but often a good source for original German parts that will fit & work right)
-- VWNOS.com (also pricey, but lots of good original parts that once again fit & work right)
-- West Coast Metric (generally pretty good quality rubber and seals)

baldessariclan -- often in error, never in doubt...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Freebirdbeachbum wrote:
Xevin wrote:
What kinds of things/parts are you looking for?

Primarily convertible roof (i.e. top, padding. headliner, cables, boot) but also other misc items to finish my restoration.

You might contact the OP on this thread. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=713100&highlight=ci+piace

It's a whole thread about how he got the top fixed and on.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Freebirdbeachbum wrote:
bluebus86 wrote:
Freebirdbeachbum wrote:
bluebus86 wrote:

Bug On!

Bug On!

I think you may be missing my larger point. It's not about who has the cheapest prices. It's about ethics and integrity and customer service. I've purchased several thousands of dollars of items from them. They could at least call me back.

For the sake of full disclosure, are you in any way connected with Jbugs in addition to being a customer?

Just a customer that is satisfied with jbugs. Why dont you write the management, include your contemporaneous notes describing the alleged discount you have been stiffed on. That may find you the results you desire.

good luck

Bug On!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
Ricksurfin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Due to back ordering of parts, and misrepresentation of parts from their online pictures of parts, I will never purchase from jBugs again.
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

I have spent over 25K at CIP in the last 10 years and only had a couple of issues which were dealt with quickly. They do need to step up their tech department as I've stumped them a few times. They aren't too bad at stating the quality of their parts but I have had a few stinkers that I sent back. They also don't like negative reviews of their products. I've sent in a few reviews and the negative ones were never put on the site while the positive ones were and I was very technical in my reviews

For engine parts, CB is hard to beat. Great service and advice.

I've also had great service from Pierside parts (before CB started shipping by USPS instead of UPS exclusively) and I get a lot of specialty fabrication parts from Pacific Customs.

brad
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Ricksurfin wrote:
Due to back ordering of parts, and misrepresentation of parts from their online pictures of parts, I will never purchase from jBugs again.

Yea, it would be nice if they would let you know if an item is backordered or not in stock. Ordering a complete car rubber kit and waiting 6 months for it all to arrive is not fun.
VengeanceASX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Ricksurfin wrote:

Yea, it would be nice if they would let you know if an item is backordered or not in stock. Ordering a complete car rubber kit and waiting 6 months for it all to arrive is not fun.

Same problem. Spent over $1500 on one order in December and just finished getting everything in April. I've had really good service from Wolfsburg West and CIP1. I really like WW website setup a lot better than others. Their diagrams really help when looking for parts.
Turnswrenches
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

I've had great luck with these guys...

https://socalautoparts.com/

I've ordered from Jbugs already, but was not pleased with the super slow shipping.

SoCal stuff always arrives MUCH faster than Jbugs.
Ricksurfin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Ricksurfin wrote:

Yeah, it would be nice if they would let you know if an item is backordered or not in stock. Ordering a complete car rubber kit and waiting 6 months for it all to arrive is not fun.

My mistake was ordering it online. Their online store is basically just a catalog of what they sell, and isn’t live to update if items are in stock or not. Sure would be nice if an item they have was out of stock if they would follow up with either a call or an email letting you know so you could make the choice on whether to proceed or just choose to not be billed and source the item elsewhere. Then, if you did decide to wait on an item, it would be nice if they would provide periodic updates of expected ship date.
Screwey system they have, and one I choose to never use again.
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Hm? Every time I ordered from Jbugs, I got it in good time. Only once did I have a complaint. They told me to send back the item, and they refunded it to my account.

I try to buy from Wolfgang International here in town. But sometimes they don’t carry the items I need. Not often, but there have been a few times.

I’ve also had good luck with Cipi1. Good customer service on the phone, too.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

I always call, never order online. I ask who manufactures the part, if it is in stock, when do they expect it will get to me, and how long I have to return it.

JBugs gives me credit when I need to return a part, which hasn't been often. I ordered a set of wiper arms that disintegrated when I tried to put them on. I returned them and got a credit that was applied to my next purchase, which was okay with me.
Bob Brugge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

Have had similar experience with jbugs. Ordered parts that still haven't showed up yet. Called and sent emails, responded to their "tell us what you think" emails, still no parts, but the bill came right on time. Might never buy from them again.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

I bought some window rubber from them and didn’t notice until installed it terrible fit puckered at edges and began cracking within one year. I wouldn’t buy anything from Jbugs, but then again I’ve got a great parts connection less than five minutes from work so why bother? Very Happy to be fair they did an excellent video howto interior and exterior.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

I logged onto jbugs to buy something and put in a cart, filled out the info but then found it at another place for cheaper so I didn't purchase and zeroed out my cart.
That was about 4 months ago, and from that point forward jbugs has relenetlessly bombarded my email address with "special deals," "tell us what you think" and anything else they can rapid fire into my email account despite my requesting at least 3-4 times that they take me off their contact list. So you can count me as one person who will never buy anything from their harassing asses ever. I can't believe companies don't realize that this form of aggression will cost you business. Anyway f&^* them.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Igpoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Done With Jbugs. Need a Preferred Alternative Vendor. Reply with quote

If anyone considers only price, Amazon has gobs of Empi stuff at the lowest prices I've seen
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: