Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

D-train wrote:
Has anyone else come across this? Dove blue parts painted pgsg only to reveal the original colour years later?
I have a pic of a bumper on a pgsg bus that’s dove blue but i can’t upload it.

I've seen several buses which were probably repainted at the factory. One was painted twice the same color. I'm guessing that errors occurred, both in trying to fill orders and being off what got painted which color on a given day, and problems with paint quality requiring a respray on the line.

Scott's early non-barndoor deluxe, Vern, is pretty well documented as being painted twice. The quality of the paint, and the application of two coats of red everywhere it can be seen in sanded sections points to it being a factory repaint.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Travis Woodard wrote:

Jesus loves me.
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

D-train wrote:
Has anyone else come across this? Dove blue parts painted pgsg only to reveal the original colour years later?

It would appear that way.

70 911T
91 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

I have definitely seen that happen on beetles. Not surprised it happened with buses, too.
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

My pg rear bumper has dove blue under it in spots still visible. I think both are factory colors. One over the other
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

My pg rear bumper has dove blue under it in spots still visible. I think both are factory colors. One over the other
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

The factory had an area set aside for scratch-and-dents. I'm sure there were plenty of parts donors and receivers.

Heinz Nordhoff
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Finally got the '58 euro off the trailer couple weeks ago only been on there since December

1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

I found an odd ball bus the other day it appeared to be palm green on the bottom and the sand green on top. It is a combi with a walk through and six pop outs. Its a narrow hatch with m-plate behind the passenger seat like the ones with the standard divider.
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Busted-bolt wrote:
I found an odd ball bus the other day it appeared to be palm green on the bottom and the sand green on top. It is a combi with a walk through and six pop outs. Its a narrow hatch with m-plate behind the passenger seat like the ones with the standard divider.

post some photos. Did you take a photo of the m-plate?
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

I hope to take some picts of this bus and its M plate . The plate has a bunch of codes on it and it says Green twice on the bottom of the M plate. I would like to talk the owner out of it because it was made on the same month and year my 61 panel is. As of now he doesn't want to sell because he wants to make a v8 gasser with it Crying or Very sad
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Trevor P wrote:
D-train wrote:

It would appear that way.

I have seen this in a 5/56 pgsg and on a 4/55 pgsg. Front bumper was doveblue resprayed to pgsg. Have seen pther buses where it happened on rear bumper, and interior vent flap as Trevor posted. First time I have seen it on a decklid hinge.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Busted-bolt wrote:
I hope to take some picts of this bus and its M plate . The plate has a bunch of codes on it and it says Green twice on the bottom of the M plate. I would like to talk the owner out of it because it was made on the same month and year my 61 panel is. As of now he doesn't want to sell because he wants to make a v8 gasser with it Crying or Very sad

If it says GRGREEN on the M-code plate, then it was originally seagull grey over mango green.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Lind ya may have something there! I couldn't open either door and saw the M plate with the codes at a bit of an angle. I had to clammer through the front cargo door window "pop out hinge delaminated due to rust and window was not present" .I guess I could have been distracted by all the junk inside of it to,it was pretty much about two feet deep in cargo area and level in the passenger seat. It almost invokes P.T.S.D. seeing that bus in that state. If that is the case on the color and all ,I'm Posting in the wrong thread, oops Confused
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Busted-bolt wrote:
Lind ya may have something there! I couldn't open either door and saw the M plate with the codes at a bit of an angle. I had to clammer through the front cargo door window "pop out hinge delaminated due to rust and window was not present" .I guess I could have been distracted by all the junk inside of it to,it was pretty much about two feet deep in cargo area and level in the passenger seat. It almost invokes P.T.S.D. seeing that bus in that state. If that is the case on the color and all ,I'm Posting in the wrong thread, oops Confused

No worries, there is a topic for mango buses right here. Get some photos and post them up.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202983
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
jmmj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Hey PGSG owners,

PGSG is definitely my favourite colour scheme, but i'm concerned about one thing. In my region, sun and 40°C days (˜100°F) are just the norm. My friend with a white kombi has complained about the heat from his roof (anyone offer a solution?!). Common sense would suggest that a dark coloured roof would be even worse!! Do any PGSG owners agree that they suffer more in hot weather?

I'm tempted to flip the colours. Not ideal, but its still a beautiful colour combo.

Cheers,

Mike
79 Brazilian Bug / Fusca
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

Before headliner install, insulate the roof with Reflectix.

D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

What he said. I used to own a black 67 panel and used dynamat and a thicker foam on the roof. Didn’t get hot or noisy!
jmmj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Cool. Literally. I'll check it out.

-m.
79 Brazilian Bug / Fusca
jmmj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Palm Green / Sand Green (PG/SG) Buses Reply with quote

D-train wrote:

What he said. I used to own a black 67 panel and used dynamat and a thicker foam on the roof. Didn’t get hot or noisy!

Thanks for the feedback D train.

-m.
79 Brazilian Bug / Fusca
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Jump to:
Page 76 of 79

Jump to: