Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bought an over priced tow bar today
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
brooksinc1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Bought an over priced tow bar today Reply with quote

So that money burnt a hole right in my pocket... and I also ended up with this rail. Does anyone know what type of frame this is or what type it’s suppose to copy? My last one was a one off homemade. This actually has a tag and was it led in Utah as a dune buggy ATV. We don’t have that option in Texas. Looks like the wiring needs a lot of help but is looks pretty good for the price. Thx
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought an over priced tow bar today Reply with quote

Hi-Jumper Sand Sprite 1 with some modification of cage area.
I would say it is a early version without the 1in diagonal brace that goes between the front crossbar and upper crossbar where steering shaft bearing is mounted.
Usually the between the two hoops that are the cage have to connecting bars where in picture there is only one. And the bars between the front hoop and upper frame rail are not on a standard Sand Sprite.

They are great looking buggies. I am on my second Sand Sprite and 3rd Hi-Jumper frame. First one was a Ascot frame from around 1974.
Have fun with it.
My first one

My third one. Found it unbuilt back in 2010. It has a bolt on A-arm front suspension.

Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
brooksinc1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bought an over priced tow bar today Reply with quote

Thx for the info, yea I was wondering if that single brace was stock or kustom. With the Texas drama on rails I’m hoping I can get it street legal... but other than going through it I’m just wanting to get some lights on it and look for a body for it.
KingCarGuyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought an over priced tow bar today Reply with quote

You could always try to do the thing that the Ford hot rodders used to do and steal a hunk of iron with a vin on it from the junk yard, weld it to the tube frame and boom, then it can be a “F-150” or a “Nissan Altima” or whatever’s cheap to Insure. But who knows with what’s going with the Texas laws right now.
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought an over priced tow bar today Reply with quote

Key phrase “used to do” because you could get away with it back then. That’s a BIG no no now.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
ConcreteAce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought an over priced tow bar today Reply with quote

Looks like a good start, I saw that for sale when we were looking for my son's project.

'51 Deluxe
'61 Build
'68 Turbo Diesel Baja
'64 Ghia Vert
'61 Baja Build
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
brooksinc1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought an over priced tow bar today Reply with quote

Big no no if you’re caught🤑 hopefully it’ll be a “bug” soon.

What’d you end up fining up in spring?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: