Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Nice to see a couple more CEs pop up.

To Ostwest1988, find the fresh air box, and look on the top of that, more or less in front of the steering wheel. The M-Plate will be rivited to the air box in that area. If you can hold your phone or something up above it and take several pics, you'll probably end up with one that allows you to see the numbers well enough. That's what I did.

To Consvws, My 1973 Wild Westerner came from Roseburg! It sat in the same place for 10ish years before I had it shipped to Kansas in 2014.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
My 1973 Wild Westerner came from Roseburg! It sat in the same place for 10ish years before I had it shipped to Kansas in 2014.

I know..... I didn't realize they were even selling it until it was gone! That was a cool bus. I used to see it drive around town quite a bit. Cool you got it though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

consvws wrote:
vwwestyman wrote:
My 1973 Wild Westerner came from Roseburg! It sat in the same place for 10ish years before I had it shipped to Kansas in 2014.

I know..... I didn't realize they were even selling it until it was gone! That was a cool bus. I used to see it drive around town quite a bit. Cool you got it though!

I've certainly had fun with it! He posted in the Wild Westerner thread in like Feb of that year that he had one and was thinking of selling, and I sent him a PM stating I was interested as quickly as I could!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
7eightchampagne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Anyone have any leads on C.E II transporter interior reproduction?
Northern Light
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

https://www.sifatek.info/index.php?cat=c36_Interior-interior.html

They are located in Germany but they can do any colour interior. They did the interior for my CE1 and I am very happy with it.

Their biggest advantage is a machine that does the decorative mouldings in the vinyl with heat rather than stitching it. The look is absolutely original.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

What's the story on '78 Champagne Westies? Did they have the exterior colors of the '77 (white over brown?) Or could you get one in the nice red over brown livery? Were they all deluxe with the propane, stove, and fridge, or could you get it in the standard model as well?

Thanks!
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
What's the story on '78 Champagne Westies? Did they have the exterior colors of the '77 (white over brown?) Or could you get one in the nice red over brown livery? Were they all deluxe with the propane, stove, and fridge, or could you get it in the standard model as well?

Thanks!
Robbie

I've only ever seen white over brown '78 Champaign Westys. It was postulated in this thread that maybe it was because that looked better with the white pop top.

Not totally sure, but I can't remember ever seeing a non-deluxe Champagne Westy.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
I've only ever seen white over brown '78 Champaign Westys. It was postulated in this thread that maybe it was because that looked better with the white pop top.

Not totally sure, but I can't remember ever seeing a non-deluxe Champagne Westy.

Thanks! I've been privileged to work with a fairly original CE II Deluxe Westy this week. We think it is a true 44k miles because it has wear from sitting but VERY little from milage.

Brown looks GOOD.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jack in the original packaging, and a child's cot with very nice folds:

There was a yellow Poo Pail and a NOS sun shade from a bank in Minnesota, which dates it to pre-96 due to the lack of area code.

Silver socket that worked great for the LM1 tune, and the defrost switch was barely worn at all.

Resprayed last year from sun oxidation:

Aaaand the wax seal on the speedometer cable!

The engine had that docile smoothness of a factory engine, and the quiet hum of a powerplant that has never been removed form the car. Mmmmm tasty.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Was driving down I-70 in Kansas this afternoon headed to class and spotted a nice looking Champagne Edition Westy. We were approximately 15 miles west of Topeka. Must have been heading home toward North Carolina

I waved from my beat up 2002 Golf.

It was damn windy, wouldn't have been all that fun to drive a Bus on the Interstate today--I would have suggested highway 24!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
craigspalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Hi just some photos of my champagne Edition 11 from Australia. Will send some codes.

superfox1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

After a long search, finally found a new project. Should be picking it up later this week.

Here's another CE II to add to the list!

Rooster67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Finally stumbled across this thread. I've had a CEII for 2 yrs now. Just got it running and getting ready to get it back on the road.

hangwind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

I just bought this one.

Could it be?

Sunroof, I think it has a Westy folding rear bench (in the shop getting a hatch lock fix)

It is a 1979

I want to find out as much info as possible.

Black dash...
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

hangwind wrote:

I just bought this one.

Could it be?

Sunroof, I think it has a Westy folding rear bench (in the shop getting a hatch lock fix)

It is a 1979

I want to find out as much info as possible.

Black dash...

That's a really nice Bus, and very pretty. But I don't believe it is a Champagne, unfortunately. Those were 1977 and 1978 only far as I know.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
hangwind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Thanks!

Trying to find out more about it.

Any tips?

I promise to pay it forward.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

hangwind wrote:
Thanks!

Trying to find out more about it.

Any tips?

I promise to pay it forward.

I guess look up the M-Plate and decode it.

As discussed here:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=724864

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
hangwind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Ok!

Thank you so much.

I will do it.
hangwind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Maybe someone can help?

I’m trying but M code doesn’t work.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Definitive T2 Champagne Edition Information Thread Reply with quote

Did you click to the second tab near the top for 70-79 Models? It took me a couple minutes of trying to notice there was a second tab for later buses that have a different M-Code plate format.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: