Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can I have pictures of your Roadster dash upholstery?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleGoat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Can I have pictures of your Roadster dash upholstery? Reply with quote

I have a 1961 Roadster. The car has been in my family ~45 years.

Anyway, long story short is that I want to get it fixed up and I am working on interior items. I don't remember what the dash padding/covering should look like. When it last had a complete interior, I was about 10 years old. Making matters worse is all of the replica pics etc all over the web. How do I know what it really should look like? I'm not going for concourse here... just a nice "driver" car.

What I want to know/see (pics are awesome) is:

1) For a roadster, is there any padding on the dash under the vinyl?

2) Do the defroster vents sit on top of the vinyl with the vent screws penetrating the vinyl? Or is the vinyl cut super accurately *around* the vent?

3) When it comes to the windshield and its interaction with the dash covering, is the rear of the windshield lower seal sitting on top of the front edge of the dash cover? Depending on the answer, does this mean that the dashboard cover should be done with the windshield removed?

4) Are the windshield pillar rubber pads on top of the vinyl or is the vinyl cover cut to go around those pillar feet?

5) how is the dashboard covering secured? Just spread contact cement all over the metal? What about the part where it comes down to the chrome trim line?

6) How is it finished/wrapped around the sides of the dash where the door closes?

Pics of your roadster are much appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Brian
badsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Can I have pictures of your Roadster dash upholstery? Reply with quote

go to the forum ABCGT and look under COCKPITS pages of just pictures of the cockpits of 356's mostly the dash area hope this helps.
Jay D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PurpleGoat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I have pictures of your Roadster dash upholstery? Reply with quote

Thank you, badsix!

I've been collecting lots of photos in preparation for fixing mine up. For the last 30 years, I've had just sheet metal haha!
badsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Can I have pictures of your Roadster dash upholstery? Reply with quote

I know the what your talking about. I've been looking at my striped down 58 cab for apr. 45 years. just in the last year or so with the help of my boy we MIGHT be able to drive it late this summer.
Jay D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: