Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

If the OP had said nothing, then the Federal Cop would have had to get a warrant to search the car. The judge might well have not issued the warrant, ruling that there was no probable cause.

On the last three times I have been pulled over, I had said one word total beside saying thank you when I was allowed to leave each time without being ticketed. Keeping your mouth shut works way better than anything you can possibly say when they ask you "I guess you know why I pulled you over" or whatever other question they ask hoping you will respond by incriminating yourself.

The constitution allows you to keep your trap shut, so do so, if you say you are taking the 5th they are even supposed to stop asking questions. You probably can not talk your way out of much of anything, but can easily talk your way into something much worse than the driving too slow you were pulled for.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
If the OP had said nothing, then the Federal Cop would have had to get a warrant to search the car. The judge might well have not issued the warrant, ruling that there was no probable cause.

You missed this.
pdm777 wrote:
Dooh! I had a prescription bottle right on my dashboard, she saw it

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:

omg seriously? have even ever tried weed? the best itll do is make you fastidious about the speed limit and a nicer person! come on lighten up not one person has ever killed anyone from driving stoned!

I seriously hope you're joking.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:
outcaststudios wrote:

omg seriously? have even ever tried weed? the best itll do is make you fastidious about the speed limit and a nicer person! come on lighten up not one person has ever killed anyone from driving stoned!

I seriously hope you're joking.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/25/colorado-marijuana-traffic-fatalities/

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

hahaha yeah just because somone tests positive for weed after they die driving in no way at all proves thats why they died jesus give me a break think about what youre saying! does anyone here know anyone who died from driving because they were stoned? Popcorn (ill be watching nice dreams)
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

If we really, truly care about driving under the influence, the first step may well be to ban Happy Hour.

The second may be to train people to understand car control to begin with.

Hypocrisy is a bad thing, but ignorance is even worse. I recall reading about a Doctor in Texas who was sentenced to 25 years for having a single plant in his backyard, a committed father of four, respected in every way short of the plant. I'm not sure who is served in such cases.

The judge probably went home and had a few belts afterwards, supported by rather tired laws originally designed to keep impoverished Minorities from straying from what's "socially acceptable" -- as was opium to keep Chinese laborers "in line."

Bottom line is liquor is far more dangerous than pot. Not to mention the stress it puts on healthcare, families, relationships, and more.

The only reason the State laws are gradually changing is as always -- money. If we educated our people, they might realize Prohibition failed 100 years ago.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

I was taught a long time ago "Never keep your stash on the dash"
and never to break more than one law at a time. Unfortunately, herb is illegal in all national parks and monuments. Even federal buildings.

Sorry to hear about your experience OP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

Whether alcohol is worse or not has nothing to do with it. NO ONE should be driving a car without a clear head and good motor skills. PERIOD!! If you need pot for your aches and pain or nausea, fine. Stay home or call an Uber. How F%¥king hard is that to understand?
SyncroButter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

I'm with you, but this:

pdm777 wrote:
I don't drive stoned, most of the time.

C'mon man, you know that is stupid, irresponsible and inexcusable. I have no problem with people using marijuana and I am an enthusiastic user myself... if I ever had to submit to a drug test there would be stems and resin floating around in there, I own a vaporizer that costs more than my last set of tires. But there is a absolutely no way I would ever drive under the influence or condone those who do.

I'm sorry that you got hassled by the cops, doesn't seem right to me and I wish we were past this useless prohibition long ago.

outcaststudios wrote:

outcaststudios wrote:
hahaha yeah just because somone tests positive for weed after they die driving in no way at all proves thats why they died jesus give me a break think about what youre saying! does anyone here know anyone who died from driving because they were stoned? Popcorn (ill be watching nice dreams)

My old friend Geoff is now a paraplegic who shits into a bag. His girlfriend (also a friend of mine) died. He was driving stoned and could not negotiate a rotary. If you have tried pot and you genuinely think that it didn't impact your alertness level or reaction time... I'm not even sure how to end that sentence, your assertion is dumbfounding. What planet are you from?
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

SyncroButter wrote:
What planet are you from?

Planet Santa Cruz, CA.
Age 17 (1991), took the road test for my drivers license.
Completely stoned out of my gourd.
Background- Last day of school, JR year. Me and two friends cut school (last day of the year), and sat in one's hottub all day, pulling bong hits. In a moment of clarity, I said 'oh shit, I need to go do my test!' So, we all piled into his shitbox Datsun 510, and drove from Aptos to Capitola, where I met my parents.
Mom knew. She could see it. She was not happy. She leaned us against a pole to take a picture (handicap parking, no less!)
So, I report for my test. Buckle into the 1989 SAAB 900s, and begin.
In a half-hour test, the only thing I got gigged on, was failure to shift from 2nd to 1st at a stop sign. Didn't stall it, managed to drive away, but still. Minus 2 points.
I think I was stoned for the rest of the summer that year. Driving crazy on the backroads at all hours of the night, Mazda pick-up full of multi-colored hair wearin' punk rockers!
Personally, I'm of the opinion that the ONLY thing 'dangerous' about weed, is dealing with the cops.
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops pull over Westy 'hippie van' ~ Busted In Yosemite Reply with quote

I think this thread needs to be locked. Regardless of your personal opinion, your personal experiences or anecdotal experience, driving under the influence of a drug is illegal in nearly every square mile of planet earth. To continue entertaining opinions that it is OK on a forum dedicated to a motor vehicle is irresponsible at best. Please lock this thread as it is an insult to the intelligence of responsible motorists and members of the forum.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: