Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cis basic
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Cis basic Reply with quote

With no 02 sensor what’s a good way to adjust the fuel dist fuel mixture.
Any way without using a gas anilizer? New engine and runs smooth but just want to know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Butcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cis basic Reply with quote

I'm assuming you are talking about the base idle mixture. Adjust the mixture until the engine starts to run slower/worst. The middle ground is close. I like to run on the lean side.
drip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cis basic Reply with quote

Well that’s what I thought. Counterclockwise leans the idle mixture.
I haven’t driven it yet. Just a little idle time till it ready to go.
ABA bottom end 1.8 CIS head in a Westy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Cis basic Reply with quote

A WB sensor with a display.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cis basic Reply with quote

If you're cheap, which tends to describe 99& 44/100ths of the VW crowd, you can whip up an inexpensive O2 sensor setup using a Voltmeter...

http://www.ranchero.us/forum/index.php?threads/cheap-air-fuel-ratio-tuning.21656/

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/161438-carb-tuning-o2-sensor.html

bryan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: