Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] edmeade gore crua4357 VAL GORE
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VAL GORE
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 05, 2019
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: [email protected] edmeade gore crua4357 VAL GORE Reply with quote

Possible scam [email protected] edmeade gore crua4357

I sold a pretty rare oval to 1960 VDO gas guage with an NOS sender on ebay. The buyer did not pay for quite awhile. I opened an ebay case, so I would not be hit with fees for selling it. When he/she finally paid, it was from a different person, different paypal email address. ebay instantly closed my case. smelling something fishy, I waited 1 day, and did not ship next day as I usually do, something didn't seem right. Last night (day 2) I received a notice that the payment was reversed at the request of the buyer

I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but I'm going to assume, that the person intended to pay, hoping I would ship right away, and then cancel and get his/her money back. Paypal wants more info from me, but since it's all automated, I'm not sure what to tell them

buyers id is crua4357
name is edmeade gore
payment came from:
[email protected]
Cathie A Ruan
PO Box xxxxx
Christiansted VI 00823-7836
United States

the buyers original email address and physical ship to address have disappeared from ebay now that this other person was used to pay for the item

So, let this be a warning to you, the buyer has 100% feedback, but most likley this is a scamer

Anybody with ebay experience that wants to tell me how to notify ebay / paypal of this, and how to get my fees waved, please do so

Last edited by Erik G on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joe Bence
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call paypal, it can take a while on hold before you can to talk to a real person but I have had to do it a few times, and after explaining the issue the problem was resolved..........Joe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and, since I had a case, I can no longer leave negative feedback? what kind of Sh*t is that? I can post positive feedback, or leave feedback later, can't post negative feedback. so this joker looks like 100% positive
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Bence wrote:
I would call paypal, it can take a while on hold before you can to talk to a real person but I have had to do it a few times, and after explaining the issue the problem was resolved..........Joe

I'll have to try that tomorrow. I did report the buyer, we'll see what they say
Jeckler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
and, since I had a case, I can no longer leave negative feedback? what kind of Sh*t is that? I can post positive feedback, or leave feedback later, can't post negative feedback. so this joker looks like 100% positive

Seller's haven't been able to leave negative feedback for a few years now. Sounds like you haven't sold for a awhile, or haven't had the need to leave a (-).
bill may wrote:
I am the crabby old guy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to know. Thanks. I've never had a problem before

further info

Contact Information for crua4357
Email: [email protected]
User ID:crua4357
Name:Cathie Ruan
Company:
City:Christiansted
State:VI
Phone:(340) 773-xxxx
Registered Since:Tuesday, Oct 24, 2006 13:48:32 PDT
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Edmeade Gore - VAL GORE whatever his name is has contacted Everett about Bashing his name. Everett responded copying myself. Since I know you are reading this, I will respond to you here, and send a link to your email

On March 15th, you bid $125 on ebay item # 320671332689

on March 17th, the auction ended and you won

On march 17th, I sent you the invoice. $125 plus $10 shipping
On March 20th I re-sent you the invoice
On March 24th I re-sent you the invoice

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

On March 27th after not receiving payment, I opened a case, so that at least I would not be charged listing fees.

On march 28th, I received payment notification via paypal, Instantly received a notification from ebay that the case was closed, because of the payment

On March 30th, I received a notice of transaction review from paypal, stating "a payment you received was reversed by the buyer’s bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the bank account holder"

On March 31st, I received a notice that "A payment you received has been reversed" They asked for more information from me, and I gave them the info that they requested

The same day I used eBay's abuse of buyers protection tool, to report you as a scam artist. I believe that it was your intent for me to believe that I had been paid, thus shipping your items. You then had the payment reversed, so that you would have the item for free.

I also started this thread, to warn others about you

You then contact ebay in order to get my name and phone number. And now I have yours. I will give it to anyone that wants it, but I have covered it up per rules of this site

Your email to Ev was funny (you already have the response in which I was copied):

Sir, at this time, I am not going to ship you items that you paid for, and then reversed payment for. Most likely, I am now out the eBay fees, but rest assured, I will show them this thread, in hopes they will terminate your account, and refund my money for the ad. I am glad that I did not ship this the day after I received payment, as I am sure you wished

Please feel free to reply here. You also have my phone # and email address now (Thanks eBay!)
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another possibility I suppose :

Scammer has Cathie Ruan's stolen credit card number, used it to buy items, and Ruan figured it out and reversed the charges.

Maybe
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn great "records" of the transaction.

sounds like you did the right thing and if all you lost was the ebay fee's i think you made out ok
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the advice above to call PayPal, and they were helpful. They advised me that this was a bank recalling the payment meaning

This was a fraudulent purchase by someone not authorized or
The buy notified their bank to cancel the transaction

I have released liabilities so that the bank will get the money back, my only option since I thankfully didnt ship the next day

I will need to contact ebay to try to have my fees credited, and will attempt to leave negative feedback
slow36hp
scott wimberley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just finishing a transaction with whoever this person is and i would advise using caution before dealing with him/her? last night after recieving payment for a item i notified the buyer that i was leaving town and it would most likely be monday before i could ship the item. the response was this was unacceptable and that i should have made all of this clear in the ad. i explained it was a old ad and that im a hobbyist not a business and if he needed a refund i was fine with that. it was after noon today before i was able to check my email and have three snotty emails including threats of getting paypal involved. none of this is the end of the world and neither of us are out anything on the deal, but hands down worst expierance in the last several years of buying and selling on the samba
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=426468&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
1957 dd kombi
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186478&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: [email protected] edmeade gore crua4357 VAL GORE Reply with quote

Val Gore's dishonesty continues.
As a seller I rarely check the feedback of buyers, but in this case I should have. I gave Val the benefit of the doubt and he scammed me.

In early Oct, Val contacted me about a couple of items I have for sale. He paid Oct 9th (Friday). I was able to send the items on Sunday the 11th from the NW corner of WA state. Val is in Florida. The package entered the mail on Monday the 12th, the same day Val asked if it had been sent.

Three days later (15th), he sends another message wondering why he hasn't got it. ( I guess he doesn't know anything about geography)

Nine days after the post office started with it, (21st), Val sends me another message demanding to know where it is, and threatens to do a Paypal reversal.

At this point I am still trusting him, so I did something almost no sellers would ever do, I gave him a full refund and told him to re-send the $ when he gets the items.

We are now at two months from shipment and by an amazing coincidence, out of over 360 packages I have shipped this year, this is the only one that has magically evaporated within the postal system.

He sent 3 inquiries in 9 days, indicating he was very anxious to get the items, but for the last 5-6 weeks, he's no longer interested in the parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: [email protected] edmeade gore crua4357 VAL GORE Reply with quote

Val 'Scammer' Gore is back in town it seems!

Here is the transcript of my recent exchange with him/her when advertising something on Samba:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to buy this window asap, please let me know asap, you said.

For somebody who wanted the window in a hurry, it must have been possible to send to a physical address on a small island?

Somebody else was after the window, and so it has now been offered to them now.

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 13 June 2019 13:50
To: Martin Southwell
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - NOS Zwitter-Oval Left Hand 1/4 Light/Vent Window

No problem Martin, thank you

On Thursday, June 13, 2019, 7:19:28 AM EDT, Martin Southwell <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello again. As somebody has written on one blog:

The only problem with PO boxes is that most couriers and Royal Mail International Signed For services can't be used with them (except in the middle east). This is not an issue if its low value, being sent by ordinary air mail, or if its a country like the US and going by Royal Mail as you can use airsure, but its a right pain for places which aren't on the airsure list.

As it says, the Post Office 'International Signed For' service can't be used with PO Box numbers, so I am unable have proof that that you actually received the 1/4 light. This is necessary, as, if you are paying by Paypal, people have the ability to say that they didn't receive an item, whether they did or not, and the money is returned to them (A scam often used by Russians, so they end up with the goods at no cost!).

Sorry, but that is how it is. I don't make the rules, and I'm not prepared to take the £250 risk! If you are not able to provide me with an actual physical address, then sorry, I'm not able to help.

Regards, Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 13 June 2019 10:27

Martin I don't understand , what's so difficult about mailing this window through the postal service , this is not my first package from the UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 4:05:39 PM EDT, Martin Southwell <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Val

We've run an on-line business for a number of years, and we've had problems trying to post to PO Box numbers, as the Post Office generally wont accept this. I'll double check.

If you are paying using Paypal, you pay in $US, and we receive in £'s. Do you have a Paypal account?

What car do you have to fit this to?

Regards

Martin
Sent: 12 June 2019 19:34

Yes you are right ,

Val gore

P.o box 813

Fredricksted , st.croix

USVI 00841.

I need my total in $$$

Thanks

Val

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 2:18:18 PM EDT, Martin Southwell <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi. Am I right in thinking from the ZIP code that you are in the US Virgin Islands?

If you provide me with your name, address, & phone number, the latter for use by any delivery people, then I'll get the ball rolling, and let you know the total cost.

If paying by Paypal, and not paying as a friend, there will be a 4% surcharge.

Regards

Martin - From a wet, cool & dark UK!

Sent: 12 June 2019 15:39
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - NOS Zwitter-Oval Left Hand 1/4 Light/Vent Window

A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
NOS Zwitter-Oval Left Hand 1/4 Light/Vent Window Price: £180
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2286547
and sent the following message:

Buyer location: 00841

I want to buy this window asap, please let me know asap.

Thanks
Val

This email was not sent from a logged in user but they do have an account. User: VAL GORE
Their Samba profile can be seen at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=91421
--- Avoid scams and fraud on the Internet ---
Read http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253 for more details.
If you have any questions about scams or the content of this email,
please contact the site administrator at [email protected]

Regards,
TheSamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: