Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

alternator belt for '92 diesel (2.4 AAB)?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
evinor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: alternator belt for '92 diesel (2.4 AAB)? Reply with quote

Alternator belt broke, and I can't read the specs on the broken belt (and I don't know for sure that the broken one is the correct one, because it dates to the prior owner). Any recommendations on where to find the specs for the correct replacement belt and where to buy? I'm in the U.S. (Oregon).

Thanks!

Doug
1994Karuso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: alternator belt for '92 diesel (2.4 AAB)? Reply with quote

I've got a 1993 and it uses a vbelt like these:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/volkswagen,199...,belt,8900

Nice to see another AAB Smile

quote="evinor"]Alternator belt broke, and I can't read the specs on the broken belt (and I don't know for sure that the broken one is the correct one, because it dates to the prior owner). Any recommendations on where to find the specs for the correct replacement belt and where to buy? I'm in the U.S. (Oregon).

Thanks!

Doug[/quote]
xavior12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: alternator belt for '92 diesel (2.4 AAB)? Reply with quote

Ive got an AAB in this as well. You think yours is slow... Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1994Karuso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: alternator belt for '92 diesel (2.4 AAB)? Reply with quote

Nice pic! The AAB isn't fast but it makes me smile.

BTW if the alternator belt broke you should really consider changing the waterpump and timing belt. The alternator belt would have been changed when those were done, so they are probably due. If either fails it will kill the engine. Mine were done pretty recently by the PO so I haven't had to worry about it yet.
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: alternator belt for '92 diesel (2.4 AAB)? Reply with quote

xavior12 wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

throw a 2.5L TDI (ACV) turbo and intercooler kit on your AAB. Increase the injection pump fueling. Really "wakes" them up.
1994Karuso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: alternator belt for '92 diesel (2.4 AAB)? Reply with quote

I think everybody with an AAB has thought about it. Certainly seems like a doable and worthwhile turbo project, if you have a lot of free time.

Where did you get the manifold/intake/turbo/intercooler/dipstick? I was hoping for a junkyard run, but AFAIK the ACV didn't make it to North America, nor the Volvo possibilities.

Maybe next time I'm in Europe I can bring back a manifold in my luggage Smile

[quote="CdnVWJunkie"]
xavior12 wrote:

throw a 2.5L TDI (ACV) turbo and intercooler kit on your AAB. Increase the injection pump fueling. Really "wakes" them up.
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: alternator belt for '92 diesel (2.4 AAB)? Reply with quote

I did a turbo and intercooler swap on a clients T4 earlier this year. Really nice power upgrade and essentially a bolt in upgrade.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: