Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay Part it Forward Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TweedLinn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
TweedLinn wrote:
Xevin wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:
I've got a bus depot car cover for a bay window with the slider door zipper on both sides. It's got a hole by the passenger side slider from the sliding door catching it, but still functions pretty well. If you want it, it's yours.

I call dibs. Let me know how much for shipping to Portland, OR

If for some reason xevin changes his mind I'll say second dibs! Been needing to pull the trigger on one of these for a long time due to my extreme lack of garage.

I no longer need the cover. TweedLinn has first dibs. It has a few tears. Easy to fix. For my purpose i didn’t patch them. If I did I’d use fabric iron on hem tape.
I believe when Spiked shipped from Michigan to Oregon it was around $35. Use that as a gauge on shipping cost. I also have a whacky work/life schedule so don’t be in a hurry. I’ll PM TweedLinn to see if he still wants it.

Triple dibs Smile thanks again!
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Might be the first double hand off “Pay it forward” item on this thread. Michigan to Oregon to Iowa. This is a great thread. Bay forum is the best Cool

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Bay forum is the best Cool

debatable.

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
TweedLinn wrote:
Xevin wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:
I've got a bus depot car cover for a bay window with the slider door zipper on both sides. It's got a hole by the passenger side slider from the sliding door catching it, but still functions pretty well. If you want it, it's yours.

I call dibs. Let me know how much for shipping to Portland, OR

If for some reason xevin changes his mind I'll say second dibs! Been needing to pull the trigger on one of these for a long time due to my extreme lack of garage.

I no longer need the cover. TweedLinn has first dibs. It has a few tears. Easy to fix. For my purpose i didn’t patch them. If I did I’d use fabric iron on hem tape.
I believe when Spiked shipped from Michigan to Oregon it was around $35. Use that as a gauge on shipping cost. I also have a whacky work/life schedule so don’t be in a hurry. I’ll PM TweedLinn to see if he still wants it.

Haha love it. Thesamba now has a traveling van cover. Xevin, you should sign it before shipping.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Dave R wrote:
...and I do, in fact, like beer!

Thanks Dave. Picked you up a little something you might like since you like it dark and exotic Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:

Haha love it. Thesamba now has a traveling van cover. Xevin, you should sign it before shipping.

Done Very Happy

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:

Done Very Happy

sisterhood of the traveling bus cover.

Rolling Eyes

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
TweedLinn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:

Done Very Happy

Love it!
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
Xevin wrote:
Spike0180 wrote:

Done Very Happy

sisterhood of the traveling bus cover.

Rolling Eyes

You're just jealous because you haven't gotten to sign it. Yet.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

I'm planning on taking all my spare parts (that I would not possibly need for the '78 DC as spares) to the swap meet at the VWs on the Green in Denver (area), 19 May 2019.

Some of these parts are worth something, since I paid for them, but others I would just as soon not take home. I am considering giving them to people who can discuss the project that they would be used for. I don't want to give them to parts speculators.

So, look for in the '78 DC at the swap meet!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Dave R wrote:
Greater Seattle Area:

Moving. Old Bay stuff must go. The pictured is free to pick up - as a lot, all or nothing - sort of an Easter Egg hunt.

BTW, the big hulk is a BN4, never tested and missing the condenser for the spark...

Available for pick up in North Seattle.

-Dave

I can pick up. Would be good Heater spare parts

Met up with Dave today. What a great guy. Thanks for the parts and taking time out of your busy day to meet up. Dave is tip top, and tossed in some other parts for Katies bug. I will be passing along the generator to another person I know that can use it.

Meeting interesting people with positive minds is one of the best things about this ACVW and “Water leaker” community.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Hey folks, so I'm on the hunt for a piece of the shore power set up on a 71 Westy.

[[edit: I found one!]]

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995

Last edited by NorCalWeekender on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kenfolk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Tom Tom nav with 3d printed base. Fits in the dash vent in my 78. Works fine, I just don't need it anymore.
If anybody is interested, let me know.

Thanks
Ken

Clementine79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

I could definitely make use of this in my 79 bus, I can send you a label for shipping.
fred g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." H.S Thompson

Last edited by fred g on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
kenfolk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

McintoshType2 wrote:
I could definitely make use of this in my 79 bus, I can send you a label for shipping.

pm sent
dean phillipsQ9HD5J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Fred g I could use that 67 bug over rider bar. I live in Ga. 30260. Would you ship it ?
fred g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Absolutely!

The antenna is spoken for...

advCo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

fred g wrote:
LET'S GET THIS THING ROLLING!

Hey fred, I am interested in that air cleaner if its available and the horn.

I do have a spare ashtray, but just the tray that pulls out itself, not the housing that mounts to the dash.
A bunch of vintage Japanese motorcycles
"Much ingenuity with a little money is vastly more profitable and amusing than much money without ingenuity." -A. Bennett
fred g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

They are yours!
I need to ship the over rider tomorrow so PM or email me your address and I will send yours out tomorrow!

Years back when I bough a 71' air cleaner from an old timer here he shipped it but it never showed up. We tracked the package and weeks later it arrived in a trash bag sitting in a USPS plastic tote with oil leaking out of the corners... he shipped it full of oil! That thing left a trail of oil from Arizona to New Hampshire. Very Happy

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: